cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

career shift from J2ee/oracle to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 4 years of java/j2ee/oracle experience.I had worked on multiple ERP application from Oracle.Now I am looking for a career shift to SAP Netweaver to explore new market for me.

I am certified SCJPSCWCDSCBCDXMLOCP.I dont have exposure to SAP products and tools.I also found that entering into SAP Market is quite difficult without implementation experience.Would appreciate if anybody took risk of moving to SAP domain from another technology domain.

I am more interested to explore new development tools and products.

can you please let me know your suggestions and path for the same.

Thanks in advance,

Sekar Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somasekhar garu,

I am chandrasekhar it is very good to know about your Interest on SAP NetWeaver.

The decision which you took is very good and you would have very good career growth.

As you said you have good EAI back ground it helps you a lot to achieve your desire in SAP NetWeaver.

I would like to suggest you for the following things:

1) you have the option to choose any one stack in the SAP Netweaver.Like EP,XI.MI

2)To get more strong on the above technologies you must know java.As you mentioned you have good enough java background. so you decision is correct and you can goahead with choosing your career into SAP NetWeaver.

Here I would like to tell about myself which might help you.I have started my software career in Testing later I moved to XI(SAP NetWeaver). Now I am feeling I have taken great step in my career.

So at last I would suggest hundred percent you can able to manage any SAP NetWeaver Technology very easily.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandrasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra garu,

Thanks for your immediate reply.Your reply is good and interesting .I have couple of questions from the SAP Netweaver perspective.

As you had mentioned that you too took a great risk in moving from testing to SAP.can you please point me the books,forums and certification that helped you to break the ice.. i mean to enter the sap netweaver XI Market.

would really appreciate if you can elaborate in detail as you had done in your earlier post.

Thanks,

Sekar Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somesekhar,

I would like to tell you how i started my career in XI.

I got training from my company and I started looking at SDN and started dowloading all the material and even you can collect all the material from service market place.

As per as XI reading books will help you 30 percent but you have to work then only u will get more knowledge.

Here I am attaching one link It could give you some information.If you need any more material plz give me your yahoo or gmail so I can forward to your mail.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi

If you think my answer is reached to your desire and your requirement give me the points based on my answer.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

I don't have access to service market place.If you get some time can you please forward me the materials and documents that you have related to SAP Netweaver and XI.

can you please forward me if you have training material /certification doc pdfs.

Here is my mail id: recsomu@gmail.com

will definitely award points for your replies..not only for the last one even for the first one too....

Thanks once again for your effort in repling to my concern..

Thanks in advance

Sekar Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi somasekhar,

I have sent the few material which it could help you to start to learn xi.I have material which cover all the stuff but I am forwarding the fundamentals which you can understand and get knowledge on XI.

First you read the material which I forward to you and later I will push to your gmail once you done with your first material.

Thanks

chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

did you forward the material already.I have not received them yet.

Thanks

Somasekar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey can you check once your gmail account and let me know the status.

Thanks

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I have recieved the material.

I had rewarded 4 points alredy..will reward some more for your help..

Thanks once again,

Somasekar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this thread...

Sekhar

Answers (0)