cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM_CLNT_EXTR Material: extract by 'creation date'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm trying to extract some materials using MDM_CLNT_EXTR transaction, but i need to use like a parameter the field "ERSDA - Creation date" (e1maram). The problem is that this field is unavailable... somebody can help me??

Tks & regards...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

you can use report MDM_METADATA_MAINTAIN to configure the extraction fields. Please note that the extraction object "MATERIAL_EXTRACT" is a SAP delivered standard. Changes within this object would be treated as modifications with the risk of loosing those modifications if you apply a new SP to your system.

I'd suggest that you create a new extraction object in your customer namespace. You can do this again with report MDM_METADATA_MAINTAIN. Use extraction object "MATERIAL_EXTRACT" as a template. Please note that you have to set the Processing Mode to G on the report's start screen. In the next screen, mark your extraction object and choose Field Groups in the menu tree. You should see the iDoc segments. Choose

segment E1MARAM and select Fields in the tree menu. If you now scroll to right, you'll see a column "selection". Set the value of this field to

X for all fields you'd like to enable for selection.

This will make the creation date selectable. Nevertheless you have to check now, if the extraction function module is able to support an extraction based on the creation date, or if you have to enhance the function module as well...

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

Please suggest if it is possible to enhance 'Customer' and 'Vendors' also in this way ?

Thanks in Advance ,

- Annika

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annika,

sure, this is possible for customers and vendors as well. The SAP standard extraction object for customers is "CUSTOMER_EXTRACT", for vendors it is "VENDOR_EXTRACT". Enabling the selection / transfer is described. In addition you have to check, if the function modules used by the extraction object really support the segments you want to extract, or if those FMs have to be enhanced, too (you'll see the names of the corresponding FMs in the report mentioned above).

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael , It worked .

Unfortunately I cant award you points .

- Annika

Answers (0)