cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file to multiple IDOCS based on change in data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to create an interface where we have a flat file that needs to be split into mupliple idocs based on the data changing within the file.

For example, split the file after the date on the file changes. then we would want each of these split files to process into its own IDOC.

I have seen this article below, but i am wondering if this would accomodate what we are looking to do.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Thank you!

-Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. my concern is that these documents show you how to map them if each line on the file is related to a single IDOC.

in my scenario, i would have a file that may have a group of lines (in varying number) that need to be mapped. So say that every time the a certain field in the file changes, then map that block of lines to its own idoc.

then

then

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should look like you wrote here.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that by using the techniques described in the doc above that i should be able to accomplish what i am describing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, please check it in your system

have a nice weekend,

Wojciech

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can help you, but here you are not splitting the file but mapping this file into changed IDOC structure.

Regards,

Wojciech