cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two other minor errors in NWDS/WDJ Tutorial #2 (and one mroe question)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First:

In the layout instructions for the QuesdtionMarkView on page 25-26 of Tutorial #2, it does not say to delete the default text view (although it does say to do this for the other views.) So when you first deploy/run as per instruction on page 29, you will see the text "QuestionMarkView" as well as the question mark image itself.

Second (a little more important):

On page 29, the tutorial seems to read as if the code generator has ALREADY added the line

(1) wdThis.wdFirePlugStartQuizOut();

for the START plug, and that you only have to add this line of code for the EXIT plug:

(2) wdThis.wdGetQuizInterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugGotoUrl("http://www.sap.com");

But inn my version of NWDS, line #1 bove has NOT already been added by the code generator for the START plug, and it has to be added manually as well as line #2.

Is this a change in the operation of the code generator or an error in the tutorial?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I havent read this tutorial, but for the second qn you asked, I think what has happened could be similar to this.

When you create an action for a button, you can specify the "Fire Plug" parameter. If you have defined a plug for this view in the window diagram, it would automatically appear here, you just have to select it. If you select this, the action code automatically adds the line of code you have mentioned, namely firing the plug. Maybe the tutorial asked you to select this plug while creating the action, and you forgot to do it, just check,

regards,

LM

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi L.M.:

You may be right, though I can't tell at this point if I missed the step you mention when following BG's instructions on page 28 of WDJ Tutorial #2. I'm pretty sure I followed his instructions to set plug values for all view actions, including StartQuizOut for StartPressed. I'm sure I'll hit this again in another tutorial, and will check at that point to see if you're right.

Anyway, 10 for explaining how the NWDS "points-and-clicks" are related to the code generator.

Thanks

djh

Answers (0)