cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem passing data to Oracle Stored Procedures II

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @all,

I did lots of investigation since my last post in here.(see ) But now I am in a vicious circle.

I tried to replace Oracles ArrayDescriptors and StructDescriptors with Standard JDBC Elements.

I have two types of UserDefinedTypes stored in the Database.

The first Type represents a normal object, the second is a table of the first type.

For example:

Type 1: Object with 3 attributes -> Type 2 Array of this object(declared as "Table of" in PL/SQL)

I created Javaclasses for both types which implement the SQLData interface.

Case 1: I put the simple type into the stored procedure -> it works

Case 2: I put the array into the storedprocedure with cs.setObject()

-> Error is ORA-01403: No Data Found

Case 3: I put the array into the storedprocedure with cs.setArray()

-> Error: java.lang.ClassCastException because Oracle internally casts my Array to oracle.sql.ARRAY, which needs an Oracle Connection, which I cannot use because I can't get directly from the ApplicationServer.

I also implemented the Interfaces java.sql.Struct for the simple type and java.sql.Array for the Table of the simple Type with the same result

Has anyone an idea how to solve my problem? I would prefer a solution where I can use the OracleConnection and make full use of Oracles Features.

Or is there a totally different approach? Will it work with NetWeaver AS 6.40?

Thanks in advance

Matthias Reizammer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikolai_tankov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

This is Oracle specific feature. Only pure Oracle connection has these specific methods. The connection that is provided from NetWeaver is just a proxy of the physical connection.

The proxy implements only standard methods and all specific methods are lost.

One workaround is to use DriverManager directly but in this case you will not use connection and transaction management that is provided from NetWeaver.

This scenario will not work in 6.40.

Best regards,

Nikolai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolai,

thank you very much. I now use the DriverManager as workaround. Perhaps, SAP will support Oracle Features in one of the next releases.

Are there any details you can tell me about the next release? When will it be available?

Best regards

Matthias Reizammer

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

The next major release of SAP NetWeaver will be available in 2007. Sorry but I cannot be more specific at the moment.

-Vladimir

Answers (0)