cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ValueHelp AND wildcard??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to have an inputfield with a valueHelp (taken from enumeration datatype or BAPI) and also using wildcard there?

BeDe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP recommends update to SP09. Will try and tell...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to say: Input field is used as a search parameter,

but using a wildcard says, that the given value ("A*") not an allowed value.

At first it could be a solution to avoud this data check...

BeDe

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard

To avoid the default data check you can make WD action that runs the search as NON VALIDATING one. Try to switch on option Non Validating Action for the action. Then you have to implement your own validation instead of the standard one in the body of the action that will admit values with wildcards.

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, done that. But:

The error message appears as before, and i can not fill in an lowercase value, if the enumeration type has only values in upper case - gives error.

What to do if i want non case-sensitive-search??

BeDe

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard

Do you mean that the new error message issued by Webdynpro or it was a result of your own validation? Could you provide the message exactly?

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error is:

"Der String "a40" kommt nicht in der Menge der erlaubten Werte vor" (Sorry for German)

I have an Enumeration datatype that has a value "A40".

The result of the search is okay (also searching by "A4*") but the error message is not desired.

When i change the datatype for the input value from the enumeration type (and so loosing the value help) to 'string' the error message doesn't appear.

Bernhard