cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jdbc connection to mssql

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to know what I have to configure to do the jdbc connection between XI and MSSQL. I know that I have to do the configurations in Integration Repository and Directory but what exactly (I mean communicatin channel, receiver, interface determination, or sender agreement)?

What I need from MSSQL is one select.

I don't know I need communication channel reciver or sender or this two together.

Please give me some advice, maby step-by-step help what I have to do.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Install MsSQL Driver inside XI via SDM

2.Set the conn params in Comm cnannel.

3.For select operation you will have to use special structures. Check JDBC Adapter documentation for deatils.

HTH

Chemmanz

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install the driver you use the Sender or Reciver JDBC adapter to connect to the database.

The parameters in the JDBC adapter,

If you have already deployed the drivers <b>(msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar).</b>

Driver:

<i>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver</i>

Connection for MS SQL Server:

<i>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<server>:1433;databaseName=<dbname></i>

If you are using the new SQL Server 2005 jdbc driver <b>(sqljdbc.jar).</b> Setup is basically the same, except the driver is now:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

And the URL is slightly different as well:

jdbc:sqlserver://host:1433;DatabaseName=name

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I can not create any object in Integration Repository.

The message on my screan "You are not permitted to create new object since the software component cannot be changed" What does it mean?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>"You are not permitted to create new object since the software component cannot be changed"

are you trying to create objects in SAP software components or in your own ?

if in your own (and if it's a dev server)

and you still have the message check if the

software component has check

"changes allowed" when you click on your software component version in repository

you can change it from over there

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not create any name spaces in pre-delivered SWCV. Create a new SWC in SLD and import it to IR. Create your objects here.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are trying to change the your own Sofwtare component ? If so check is it Edit mode...

BTW did you create new SWC in teh SLD and import into Repository ? If not it is advisable to do ..

Else use existing custom SWC and create your own Name space and proceed.

ALso you have all the Roles - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/89/05793c05f0807be10000000a11405a/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I don't know I need communication channel reciver or sender or this two together</i>

>>> To pull the data from MSSQL and send this data into file or any other system using XI, then you can make use of JDBC Sender Communication Channel. In this case, this channel is polling the data base table for specific time interval and fetch the data.

If you want to fetch the data from table based on some input, then you can go with configuring Receiver Communication channel.

So it depends on the scenario.

Find this doc for JDBC drivers-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

Also refer this help to configure JDBC adapter-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check these blogs also...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Sekhar