cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while obtaining JCo connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to run the tutorial about the flightlist. I post-installed the SLD and created JCo connections. the WD_MODELDATA_DEST works fine but the WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST gives me the following error when I ping or test it:

"com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscapeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection. "

Could someone help me please?

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anne,

Could you add more information? What is your landscape (WAS 6.40 sp?) and which NWDS sp? do you have? What are the settings in the JCo connection? and is your sapms file properly configured for the system to be used..

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wael,

I installed "SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal (6SP9) on MaxDB, Developer Edition Sneak Preview - Web Application Server Java 6.40 with MaxDB 7.5, Developer Studio (SP9)"

My colleague has the MiniSap 6.20 on WAS 6.20.

I installed the SLD to connect everything together.

In the JCo connection settings I entered my colleague system as message server and Dictionnary meta data with load balancing.

In my "services" file I have the line :

sapmsJ82 3601/tcp # SAP System Message Port

Anne

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

One reason might be that the FLIGHTLIST tutorials use different JCO destionations than the one you have configured.

Just log in to the Webdynpro Content Administrator and have a look at the JCO destinations. I feel you will find that apart from the standard ones there are two additional JCO destionations.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth!

I have this error in the content administrator when I create my own Jco connections

Anne

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

While creating the JCO destination for RFC Metadata i hope you are poining it to the same system as Modeldata JCO destination.

Also while creating the JCO destination for model data i are you using single server or load balanced server.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I use a single server connection for modeldata, is it wrong?

I want to connect both modeldata and metadata to the same R/3 server

Anne

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

Single server should only be used for debugging purpose. And i believe you should have both modeldata and metadata pointing to the same r/3 system.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (0)