cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Sender Address in Email- Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario where I am converting a smartform output (Shipment) into PDF format and attaching it and sending it as an email using FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1.

The requirement is to change sender address based on the sales org. The Email id will be maintained in a custom table.

The standard functionality puts the sender address as the person who processes the message. Does anyone have an idea how to change the sender address in this case? Any inputs on this would be highly appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

Anurag Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member630598
Discoverer

FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 calls another FM SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 with export parameters sender_address and sender_address_type, you can call this directly instead and specify the sender parameter(logic of who this is you will have worked out on your code). If address is email, then specify smtp as type.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

anversha_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Is this possible..The thing is that those who run report, his email id will come in the email send.

If we show some else email ID there its a FRAUD!! thing.

regards

Anver

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an internal table for your custom table. Then loop at internal table and call SO function module changing the mail id for every loop. That's it.

Feel free to revert back.

reward if helpful

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

What you have suggested is for the recepients. I need to change the sender (In this case I am actually sending the mail but in the sender field, someone elses name should appear!). Let me know if you have inputs on this.

Regards

Anurag Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I saw this thread and we need the same functionality of changing the sender email address as well.

Also saw that this has been answered. Could you share to me how you solved this problem?