Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi language feature in Smartsync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body help me out in this issue?

As we know that smart sync supports multilanguage feature.

Does smartsync provides any code(for language conversion)?

When client logs in English, we should b able to see all data(records in english).

if client logs in japanese he should be able to see all data(records) in japanese

If client logs in EN and creates a record and sync.That particular record goes to backend and get created in all languages(languages supported by smartsync).

Is there any code or language conversion code provided with MI framework.OR its the responsibility of the person who generates BAPI Wrappers

Good and helpful answers will be rewarded

Thanks & Regards,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello karthick,

just my personal thought.

generally for a unicode-enabled SAP system, your data will

be treated the same regardless of the language. now, whether

to which table should the BAPI puts the data is not defined

by the system, rather is based on the design on the application

with regards to the business logics.

it is possible to put all data into one table for all languages

while having a special field for the language code. or you can

create separate tables or db/sap instance for every languages.

the latter i guess, is the most common design. the problem

with data consolidation can be dealt using SAP MDM...

now, on the MI client, multilanguage on the data level e.g.

separation of data per language is not supported. however,

you can still design applications that would behave just like

that e.g. having an EN and JA fields in your row, or having

different set of defined SyncBOs e.g. syncbo names like

BO001_EN and BO001_JA.

if MI has to support multilanguage data i.e. per

language, it won't be just a minor change.

server-side components as well as the client side APIs will require

a MAJOR change... in fact, the issue on locales and timezones

are still left to the application to handle.

just my 2cents

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JO,

What every you have posted above is absolutely true in our case, anyhow i have few clarifications:

1)Yes as you mentioned we are maintaning different tables for different languages and our BAPI wrappers will take care of filling these tables respectively with different languages(Specific to application in bussiness scenario)

2) I would like to know what is DATA CONSOLIDATION USING MDM

3)Yes we have implemented test smaer sync application with multilanguage by appending our record fields with_EN if lang is english,_JA if lang is japanese.

But I would like to know how multi language can be used in bussiness scenario...Is language conversion code is existing or not

Thnaks a lot for your reply and ideas.Can you kindly clarify my Quiries.

1) (I would like to know what is DATA CONSOLIDATION USING MDM)

2) And language conversion code?+

Thanks,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello karthick,

>1) (I would like to know what is DATA CONSOLIDATION USING MDM)

explanation will gonna be long to write. i suggest you to check on the <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/mdm">MDM @ SDN</a>.

you will find the explanations of data consolidation, normalization, harmonization

and so on related to SAP MDM.

>2) And language conversion code?

what kind of language conversion are you referring? do you mean data/byte encoding

or language translation? MI doesn't have APIs for a quick data encoding, basically,

it uses UTF8 and leave to the application for specific data re-encoding if necessary.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the info.

I mean language translation.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Answer 1: Smart Sync does not provide any code for Language Translation but language conversion is provided which specific to each syncbo. Here Language conversion means replacing the language dependent data with mobile language data. This Multi language data is provided by the getdetail BAPI wrapper.

Answer 2: The client will not get data in all languages as expected. Here the language is decided on the mobile id language generated when assigning a application. For Ex. If client was assigned an application when logged in EN, then mobile id language is EN. Then when this client SYncs then it will get only EN data. When the client logs in Japaneese he will not get JP data but only EN data since the App is registered in EN.

Answer 3: MI does not provide any langauge conversion code to do it in the backend. It is the responsibility of the Creator of the BAPI wrapper to take care language conversion at the backend.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

I understand how the framework works for multilanguage,how the process goes.

But my Question was when a user logged in EN creates data in client, that particular record should be created in all languages(suppose smartsync supports 3 languages JA,EN,DE)in BackendEnd.(Bapi will take care of it)

so when a new user logs in JA and he should be able to see all records in JA.

SO my Q was, is there any(language code conversion)provided for create BAPI to make use of it and create that particular EN record in JA,DE languages.

As per the framework the work flow is fine.

But in real time implementations how this isuue to be handles.

(Means any code provided to convert english language to JA,DE and filled in BE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Let me rephrase what i said earlier...

Now a user (in EN) creates data on the client and uploads the data to the Backend.

Now the create BAPI wrapper is expected to created data in EN and if business process required then create data in other languages also i.e JA, DE.

Now after successfull creation of data in the backend, then getdetail is called to get the data, here all the languages in which the data was created in the backend is returned and is updated in the RDB.

Then when sending data to the client, MI sends only the EN data to the client.

Now if a new user is created in JA language, then when synchronises then we send only the JA data to the client from the RDB.

The above is the complete flow how it works...

Now about the Q abt language conversion, MI does not provide any code for language conversion to language conversion to other languages.

In the real time implementations I guess the Backend might use FMs that do the conversion automatically.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

10x for ur info.

Do u know any such FM to convert automatically.

Is it implementable here in our test application.

Thnaks,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

I am not aware of such FMs.

Thanks...

Preetham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

Suppose there is conversion FM.Then,

I wonder how our Backend R/3 tables allow data to be filled in other languages.

Is there any known process ?

I hope you got my Question.

Thnaks & Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

I am not aware name of such FMs. I dont think there is any standard FMs which do this.

Thanks...

Preetham S