Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM13 in "display only " mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to restrict tcode SM13 to provide display only access ?

If so, how can this be achieved?

Thank you for your response.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure this is feasible as it is authorized from object S_ADMI_FCD which just gives update administration as a generic access, i believe. However i would probably question a scenario where this is required, only administrators/basis personnel should be using this transaction in reality.

Regards

Ashley

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

As was rightly pointed out by ashley.

it requires access to S_ADMI_FCD Object with the field values

UADM UMON and UDSP. So try giving only the UDSP access level and leave the rest that could be a option. Please try n let me know

0 Kudos

The combination of AUDD value in S_ADMI_FCd and SM13 in S_Tcode would restrict a User to view only His records. Apart from this i can visualise no other combi to acheive a display All access to this Tcode.

Hope it helps....

Br,

Sri

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not think, as already mentioned, that you can meet your requirement, only through the standard authorization checks.

What you maybe can do, it to create a transaction variant through transaction SHD0. In here you are able to disable function keys, menus.

When you have created this variant, you can create a transaction code for it in SE93.

-- But please notice that access to this new transaction also requires access to SM13.

So what you need to do is to create to transaction variant as a display only variant that you activate as the default variant in for SM13, and a new one without any deactivation of functionality that you assign to a new transaction code created in se93.

-- Not an easy straight forward way of acheiving your requirement but it can do the trick - and please remember that the assignment of default transaction variant to transaction code needs to be performed in all clients/systems, as this is not ordinary customising

Regards

Morten Nielsen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just another remark as the technical settings

for S_ADMI_FCD are already discussed.

This is not directly linked to the use of the SM13,

but to the requested information [possible workarounds].

The report RFVBER00 delivers the FI relevant terminated updates with all details [but only FI of course].

The update error information are stored in the table VBERROR, the header data are in table VBHDR.

0 Kudos

May be you would be able do it by changing authorization check for SM13 with transaction SU24.

Check ID Object Object name

Check/maintain S_ADMI_FCD System Authorizations

Check S_CTS_ADMI Administration Functions in the Change and Transport System

Check S_DATASET Authorization for File Access

Check S_DEVELOP ABAP Workbench

Check S_DOKU_AUT SE61 Documentation Maintenance Authorization

Check S_GUI Authorization for GUI activities

Check S_OLE_CALL OLE Calls from ABAP Programs

Check S_SPO_DEV Spool: Device authorizations

Check S_TABU_DIS Table Maintenance (via standard tools such as SM30)

Check S_TCODE Authorization Check for Transaction Start

Check S_TRANSPRT Transport Organizer