cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One SRM (Ver 5.0) and two R/3 systems as back-end in extended classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One Global SRM (Ver 5.0) and two R/3 systems as back-end in extended classic scenario.

Did anyone do it before ?

Do you see any 'Major' problem with this scenario ?

Please help

With regards,

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are currently running on SRM4.0 (as central purchasing platform for indirects) and 8 backend R3 systems in extended classic.

No problems...

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running on SRM3.0 and two backend systems in extendend classic scenario. We have no problems too.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am appearing for SRM Certification so that my level of knowledge is equivalent to a beginner.

My question here is how is it decided to which backend system the documents are to be posted?

Do we need to define in the extended attributes?

Regards,

Yash

JohnnyKeogh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

The backend system is determined per product category.. "Define backend system per product category" in customizing SPRO, or you have more control by implementing the method DETERMINE_EXTPO in the BAdI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI.

Please award points.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on SRM 5.0 Server 5.5 and 2 back-ends systems: 4.6c and 4.7

According to our scenario we have following situation:

GOA created on SRM for certain categories and replication after approval to back-ends

GOA created on SRM for others categories and approved + Purchase requisition referred to GOA and Purchase Order always on SRM: contract approved and PO approved replicated to Back ends.

Currently what is requested is having on SRM a different categories then on back-ends.

Based on your experience is it possible to manage a local SRM categories and link them to products replicated from both backends? and what happen when the contracts and purchase orders will be replicated from SRM to back-ends?

Also I have a question about number ranges: how you have to define the documents on SRM (contracts and POs) and related number ranges considering that we have to deal with different back-ends? Which steps should we follow in order to replicate the documents with the same number to back-end 1 for certain categories and to back-end 2 for others categories?

thanks in advance