cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify a keyword separator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MDM when you define a keyword field, MDM extracts keyword separated by space from the text of that field and store them for keyword search. However, in our case we have text values that are NOT separated by spaces but by ',' (commas). So MDM is treating the whole text as one big keyword. Is it possible to specify a keyword separator in MDM so that it would use comma as keyword marker instead of a space?

Regards,

-Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasir,

According to the documentation, MDM uses this setting in the mds.ini in order to create the keywords.

Valid Keyword Chars=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

So characters not appearing in this list are considered separators. In this case, the comma ',' should be considered as a keyword separator. Please check this and if it's not behaving in this way then i suggest you open a customer message.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is not behaving like this.

For example I have a string 1HP,1800RPM,60Hz,BUFF. So if I search for the string 1hp in keyword field when the keyword search type is progressive I don't get any results. However, if I separate comma from 1HP by putting a space character before that (1HP ,1800RPM ,60Hz ,BUFF)then it can find this record.

-Y