Did you mean: 

"assembly failed" error

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with J2EE SP16.

My DB is SQL Server.

I installed, configured JDI and imported the development configuration to NWDS.

I created a simple WD DC, deploy it and run it on the DEV server - all works fine.

I checked in the activity, went to 'trnasport view' and released the request (for transport it to Test).

On the assembly tab I get 'assebmbly failed' when I try to assemble the component.

When I look in the log I see that the error was caused due broken DC. However, all the 'lights' are green on this component.

How can I solve this?

Thanks,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the correct buildspace? Assembly builds from the _C buildspace.

Besides that... Assembly packages ALL DCs from the selected Software Component(s). If any of them is broken, Assembly will fail.

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Hi have appl_C and appl_D. I followed this link when importing the development configuration to NWDS

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c3/2656405aff1e24e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I imported only the _D configuration (according to step 6):

<i>Open the node APPL/1.0. Select the required development configuration Appl_dev and confirm.</i>

When I go to CBS I see that the metadeta of my DC has a red light in _C buildspace and green light in _D buildspace.

How do I fix it?

Also, when I try to import the _C configuration to NWDS and creare a project I get error:

"Development component creation completed with some errors"

Reason: Some used DCs are not available locally.

You have to sync used DCs for this project"

The DC's are the three sap DC's (I can see their names but they have no content)

Thanks,

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably forgot to import the 3 base SCA's (SAP_JTECHS, SAP_BUILDT, SAP-JEE) into the Consolidation stage. You can check this by checking the number of DCs for these SC's in CBS. If it show 0 DCs, you need to (re-)import the SCA's.

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

You're absolutely right (the SCA's wasn't imported to consolidation stage).

The question is how to copy the 3 base SCA's to Consolidation.

When I did this installation

I copied to 3 SCA's to Inbox folder under JTRANS folder. Then, I did Check-In -> Import to Development and then Import to Consolidation. But in this installation I don't see anything in the consolidation stage after I 'Import to development' stage.

How do I start the process from the start?

Thanks,

Omri

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved it my own.

This thread describes exactly my problem:

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

Click on one of the line for which the assembly failed, and click on the "Details..." button to get the logs of the deployment.

You should get there why the assembly failed. Probably a missing library in the consolidation track.

Regards,

Nicolas

Message was edited by: Nicolas Boussuge