Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Messages in SAP XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have implemented few basic scenarios in XI

I have a doubts as follows..

What are the fault messages (while defining Interfaces in Designing)for?Where in Live Scenarios i can utilize there functionality?

Any answers will really be very helpful.

Regards,

Gavin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen,

It was an indeed really helpful answer...however, my reqt has changed....and now i want to recieve an error status through soap reciver...and scenario would like...webservice client->XI->Webservice. Soap sender->XI->Soap Reciever......how can I recieve the exception...as raised during execution of webservice....

It would really very helpful if someone could throw some light on this..

Regards,

Gavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOAP adapter doesnt support Fault Messages.

You need to handle your own soap envelope and map/parse it that way.

Cheers

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Naveen,

Thanks for the nice blogs....

My problem is something as follows

i am using a webservice client (creating a soap request through Altova XML spy) and using soap sender and a RFC reciever.....Now my i want to send the fault message coming from my recieving system to my client mentioned above....How can I map or recive the message of receiver status to my sender(soap sender.)

Regards,

Gavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at "/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the RFC define and exception "APPLICATION_ERROR". Reimport the rfc into xi, this time in interface mapping u will find there message tabs request,response,fault for the rfc.

Define fault message in your outbound interface as specified in the blog and map this fault message to the fault message of the imported RFC.

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Look at the following blogs for more practical implementation of fault messages.

Usage of Fault Messages in Synchronous interfaces

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client

usage of fault messages in asynchronous interfaces

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos