cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a problem about IDOC Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everybody.

This time, I'm developing a IDOC Receiver though the SAPIDocReceiver class. With the dotnet Connector manual from SAP, the receiver side on dotnet is easy to develop. But how to configure the SAP R/3 to send IDOC to the dotnet side, I can't find the clear steps in the manual.

So I searched some material about how to configure IDOC, and hope it will be useful to my work. But most of them mainly focus on how to configure a IDOC transformation between SAP system but not NON-SAP system.

So what I want to ask is IS there some difference with the two configuration, I mean the SAP to SAP one and the SAP to NON-SAP one. I guess the difference should be have. Are the necessary configure step like create a logic system, allocate logical systems to clients and so on also necessary under the NON-SAP case? I think some of the configure actions is different in this two case. Can anyone give me some clear steps or tell me where I can get them?

thanks to all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank to Willy Strothmann,

Your steps is very clear. However in the WE19 step, using SAP<SID> set to the sender port, the idoc can't be sent correctly. I do some change and now success to send and receive idoc on dotnet side. Why the SAP<SID> format is not correct?

At all, thank a lot to Willy Strothmann.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for testing purposes you can do the following:

(1) via SM59 create the RFC destination for your dotnet application

(2) via WE21 create a trfc-port pointing to the RFC destination created in (1)

(3) via SM30 maintain view V_TBDLS to create a new logical system for your dotnet application for example DOTNET (and maybe for the SAP client you are testing with - here the name could be for example <SID>CLNT<CLIENT>)

(4) via SCC4 assign the logical system to the SAP client (for example <SID>CLNT<CLIENT>) only if not already maintained.

(5) In WE20 create a partner profile for logical system created for the dotnet application in step (3)

(6) In WE20 add outbound parameters for the message type (for example MATMAS) and idoc type (MATMAS03) you want to send. As partner port use the trfc-port of step (2)

(7) In WE19 create an IDoc via basic type (the idoc type used in step (6), for example MATMAS03) and maintain the following fields in the control record EDIDC:

<b>recipient port</b> the port created in step (2)

<b>recipient partner number</b> the logical system name of the dotnet application created in (2)

<b>recipient partner type</b>'LS'

<b>sender port</b> SAP<SID>, where SID is the SAP system id

<b>sender partner number</b> the logical system name the SAP client maintained in step step (4)

<b>sender partner type</b>'LS'

<b>message type</b> the message type used in step (6), for example MATMAS

In the other segments E1* you can fill in whatever you like

Hit the push button "Standard outbound processing"

(8) you can check if the IDoc has been sucessfully created by BD87. If an error has occurred in the receiving application or there is any other error you can also see it here. Maybe the IDoc is not passed to the receiver, then you can process the IDoc also from here.

This is how you can create your test environment. If you want to get the IDoc created form the SAP application it depends on the application how to do that!

Best regards,

Willy