cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for document management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what every authorization means and which effects it has...

I created a new user, gave him all the necessary authorizations to use certain transactions in Document management by making a new role/profile for him

After trying everything out, I still have a few questions:

- with Authorization for change object link (C_DRAD_OBJ)I have the following properties:

• Activity: change, display

• document type: DRM-DRM

• linked SAP object: *

• document status: *

I know how to display my object link, but how can I change it? <b>Do they mean with changing the object link, the creating of long text for the link or is there more to it?</b>

- with authorization for document access (C_DRAW_DOK), I can't figure out what the options "Display Application archive" and "Change application archive" mean. Which effect does it have when I choose them? Where do I consult the application archive? What is the application archive? => SOLVED

- Do I also have to give the authorization "Display" when I want to give the authorization to delete something? How can I delete a document info record without displaying it? =>SOLVED

- <b>With "Status dependent authorizations for documents" (C_DRAW_TCS) what do the following options do?</b>

*change application start (which difference with change?)=>SOLVED

• display application start (which difference with display)=>SOLVED

*<b>request</b>

*display archive =>SOLVED

*change archive=>SOLVED

I know it are a lot of questions but I'm making documentation on the authorization profiles of document management and when I figured those few last things out, I can share my documentation with the rest of you...

Message was edited by: Vicky Liesens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Havent been watching this thread for some time now, so please shout if you do have any questions.

Just a quick note on deleting documents:

Setting the deletion indicator will simply mark the DIR for deletion, but, it will still be on the dB.

After you have set the DIR for deletion, you need to run the program "MCDOKDEL", which has a test mode and a real mode.

This program will physically delete the documents that you have marked for deletion.

Regards,

Freddie Botha

www.documation.co.za

SAP DMS, CAD Integration, Data Archiving, Imaging and Scanning and Workflow

freddieb@documation.co.za

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can delete the document info record without displaying it simply by using transaction CV04N (search document info record), selecting the document info record I want to delete and choosing extra => processes => set the deletion flag

I also figured out how the archiving issue works. You first have to go to the transaction SARA to make an archive of document management, when you are in display mode of your document info record you notice that in the environment menu there are a few extra options you can enable/disable with your authorizations (check-in from archive, display archive, copy from archive)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I thought I would reply to this post, and attach a file explaining how the Authorization Objects for documents work.

Is there a way to attach a file to a post?

Regards,

Freddie Botha

www.documation.co.za

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I figured out the difference between change/display application start and change/display

The change/display application start gives you authorization to change/display the originals and the change/display gives you the authorization to change/display the document info record