cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling web functionality to a newly installed SAP BW installation!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am just enabling the web functionality to the newly installed SAP BW (NW04 platform 3.5 version).

for that, i am following the guide provided by SAP at service market place.

in configuring the listening ports and web protocols, system is not allowing me to change the instance profile parameters icm/server_port_0,icm/plugin_0. for enabling web fucntionality we must configure these parameters.

plz do suggest me on this!

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Please explain what do you mean by : "system is not allowing me to change the instance profile parameters". Also have you chosen the extended maintenance mode as suggested by Juan. You need to choose this mode to change profile parameters.

Are you getting some kind of error?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by: Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit/Juan,

thank you very much for reply!

first fo all, let me expalin my probelm more clearly to you.

in the guide provided by SAP, it was mentioned to change the paramaeters icm/server_port_0 and icm/plugin_0 in ICM monitor screen (t code smicm in BW). in that monitor screen the parameter values are like in display mode , ( grayed can`t change) though in menu path i had clicked the option to change ( goto-> parameters->change ). if i cud change the parameters values in this screen i can procede furthur.

and it is not in RZ10 screen that u were talking about!

any suggestions would be appreciated ala SDN way!

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check this link for changing/adding profile parameters.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a6247505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by: Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Just to add to your statement Default profile can also be changed. it depends on the requirement. If you have mutiple instances and want to change profile parameters of just one instance then you change the instance profile but if it has to be done for entire system then default profile should be changed.

I guess you wud agree with me.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I agree with you... i just like ICM parameters in the instance profile

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan/Ruchit,

Thanks for your inputs!

bottom line is that you can`t find the parameter icm/plugin_0 in RZ10 screen nor you can change parameter icm/server_port_0 in the same screen (that is RZ10 screen)

and you can`t change either in smicm screen!

so where to go from here?

added to it, i have one more question!

is it possible to have the same port number for WAS (which is ABAP+JAVA) and parameter (icm/server_port_0)value?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you can't find them you need to create the parameters!

In RZ10 theres a button to create a new parameter use that to create the ones you need, then SAVE and restart your system.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I would suggest not to change the files at OS level but do it instead through RZ10. it will help in proper version management. Please check SAP help link given below for this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/3a610f505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In that case try changing the values RZ10.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

in the os path u have mentioned (in mycase it is C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile )i had found so many profiles names ad default1, default2, default3 and finally just default.

my question is in which profile i shud edit and add the new parameters? i found default1 empty!

Thanks,

Ravi

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi...

Usually this parameters go in the instance profile not in the default profile, usually the Central instance profile on this format <sid>_DVEBMGSXX_<servername> where XX is the system number.

I can see that the SID of your system is J2E, Is this and abap+java installation or just a java installation??

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

NOTE: In case that you ever need to make changes in the Default profile, the right one is the DEFAULT.PFL the rest are backup copies.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

How is the system not allowing you to change the parameters?

Go to RZ10, -> Change to Extended Mainteinance -> Create the parameters. If this do not work you can always edit the instance profile directly from the OS, go to <drive>:\usr\sap\<sid>\sys\profile\ -> edit the profile with notepad or vi and insert the two new parameters, save it and restart the system.

Hope this help!

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful