cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date difference issue for Purchase order in R/3 and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending the purchase order from APO to R/3. When I transfer the data through CIF and see the curresponding entries in stock requirement list in R/3, purchase order is 1 day earlier than in SCM.

However, when this purchase order is CIFed back to SCM, date appears correct in SCM ( as what it was before). Is this something because of timezone that difference in date appears in SCM and R/3.

Can someone who came across date issues for transaction data transfer between SCM and R/3 elaborate in more detail please.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

It's the Stock Transport order from SCM with TLB run. Also, date logic should be the same for Purchase rec/STO or for Purchase Order.

Anyways, thanks for our help.

-- sanjay

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

Thanks for the clarification. I agree that date logic in APO for Purchase Reqcs or STO follow the same principle.

However Purchase Order is normally created in R/3. In case you have a mismatch in master data then dates can be different.

I am not sure if your problem has been resolved but hope the logic for date computation in APO helped.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for the reply. My problem got resolved.

Thanks,

Sanjay

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Would be interested to know what was the root cause of the issue and how it got resolved. You may mail me directly.

Thanks,

somnath

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

Is it Purchase Order or Purchase Requisition. For Purchase Requistions created in APO - the scheduling will be as follows.

Opening Date = Requirement Due Date - GR Time - Planned Delivery Time

Start Date = Requirement Due Date - GR time - Transportation Duration

End date = Requirement Date

GR Time is based on calendar at receiving location Planned Delivery Time is based on Production calendar at supplying location.

Transportation Duration is based on calendar associated with transportation resource

If there is any difference in the calendars maintained between APO and R/3 then you can have a difference of date.

Also please check the times. Midnight in APO is 23:59:59 while in R/3 it is 00:00:00 (next day).

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Somnath ,

I am also facing the same issue which sanju was facing earlier in PRs .

In APO I am not able to understand how system calculates the opening , start and end date .In my case the transportation time is 48 hrs , planned delivery time is 1 day and all calenders are 5*24 , GR proceeeing time .01 day . When I am creating PR at destination location on 06/06/2008 , 24:00:00 Hrs . System calculates the dates as follows :-

Start date -06/05/2008 , 00:45:00 , end date -06/06/2008, 24:00:00 , opening date -05/20/2008 ,23:25:00 Hrs . I tried to understand the formula given by you in your reply as Opening Date = Requirement Due Date - GR Time - Planned Delivery Time

Start Date = Requirement Due Date - GR time - Transportation Duration

End date = Requirement Date.

But I am not getting the desired results.

Could you let me know why the system is behaving in such way.I also want to know does system can create orders in such a way the opening date lies in past. If yes then can we restrict that ?

Regards ,

Mukesh

Edited by: Mukesh Kumar on Mar 9, 2008 1:59 PM