Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify MDMP system

zhihongbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client is running the R/3 46c for multinational plants access. They've imported the Polish and Spanish and Chinese Languages into DEV/QAS/PRD.

Currently the tcpdb tables of their DEV/QAS has 3 entries, 1100/1401/8400. the PRD got one only: 8400. My client used to login in EN, and build all the Master Data in English and Chinese character.

My question is, is the PRD a single code page system or MDMP? I runed the Upgrade Assistant for this PRD's system-copy, and it detects as Non-Unicode(Single Code Page).

I need to idefy this because specific Preparation work needs to be done before the Unicode Conversion.

Your experience will be quite valuable and helpful for me.

Thanks in advance and BR,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

You need to consider the PRD system as a MDMP system and do the Unicode conversion as Technically, objects can be transported from a Unicode to a non-Unicode system, but Unicode supports about 95,000 characters whereas non-Unicode supports less - so when a non-supported character is transferred from Unicode to non-Unicode, this is converted by default to "#". Also, if the production system is an MDMP system, texts that do not have language keys will be converted on the basis of a single code page - data from other code pages will not be converted properly. Lastly, the interface behavior between non-Unicode and Unicode systems is different and therefore the development system does not exactly reflect the situation in the production system.

SAP therefore recommends this mixed setup for a limited time only.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Run report RSCPINST and select /Current NLS config button/.

It will show you current NLS settings, and on very top of it display:

1. Non-unicode system - meand single CP or blended CP inst;

2. MDMP installation - it's an MDMP box

3. Unicode inst - guess what

Checked it on MDMP, Unicode & BCP systems here rel 4.7 ent ABAP.

Hope it will help, write back if you'll have any questions.