cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Upgrade and Unicode Conversion

zhihongbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm planning to implement an Upgrade from I386/ORA8/46C TO I386/ORA10/ECC6 using CUUC method.

According to the guide, I better build up a sperate Sandbox Server for ABAP Program Modification and Testing. Since the customed ABAP Reports used to be related with the customed table, I suppose the best way for the Sandbox Server is to upgrade it to higher version.

I'm running the Prepare and stuck on the Transport Request import. The sandbox server is not ready yet in a few days.

My question is, can I just ignore the ABAP Program Import at the current phase and import it at the end of 'Prepare' and before the 'Upgrade'.

If yes, how? mannually import the TR for Abap Program changes to 46c after the 'Prepare' finished? Any steps that I should pay attention to spcially?

Any experience is welcome.

Thanks in advance and BR, Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me. i skip that.. and let my developer using SPDD & SPAU to sdjust the objects later after the upgrade.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would depend on whether your quality and production are consistent in terms of modifications along with your development server. If all changes to quality and production has happened through changes in development and then transporting those changes to qas and prd, then i would suggest when you run your development system upgrade (sandbox in this case) ideally you should do the changes and modifications and record them in transport request using the option "select for transport". Later when you upgrade another sandbox (copy of qas or prd) you should select the transport request to be imported during the prepare.

But as you are now running PREPARE for copy of development, the prompt for importing transport request into this system is irrelevant and you should say " no" and complete the upgrade, and then the process outlined above..

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chetan