cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request not automatically forwarded to Import Queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've recently removed the QA server from our landscape, therefore have changed the Transport Route. Transport route was Dev > QA > Delivery group for Q-Prod & Prod. So Trans Route should be Dev > Q-Prod > Prod.

The problem is that after a released transport request has been imported successfully into Q-Prod, it should automatically be marked for import into Prod, but does not. I am required to manually forward the request (from import queue of Q-Prod)or copy the data & co-files from Dev server, into the Prod trans\bin, then manually add to the Import Queue. (Added complexity is that each system has a different transport directory, which is not on these servers.)

My temp work around has Q-Prod and Prod in the same Consolidation Group after Dev, which means the request is forwarded to both Import Queues once it has been released in Dev. (Not desired)

I have already tried deleting & re-adding Prod to the transport domain, and recreating the transport route, as well as creating a delivery group after Q-Prod.

Any ideas out there? R3 4.7 on SQLServer 8 and Windows 2003.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

With SAP's help, I've fixed the Problem.

The fix was to include R3T (new QA) into R3D's Transport domain. Previously all of the systems had been created in seperate domains that linked to that groups Transport Directory system (which is less important then being in one Transport Route's domain. In the previous Transport Routing, the server (QA) that was removed from the system, was at that time included in the R3D's (Dev) Transport Domain (therefore allowed the automatic forwarding into the next systems Import Queue). All of the other systems were the last stop for the transport and did not need to signal the next system for inclussion into the Import Queue.

The main point to remember is that the Consolidation route Target must be in the same Transport Domain as the original system for the transport to automatically be forwarded into the next system's Import Queue.

Thank you to everyone who posted a response, it was muchly appreciated.

Ken

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User has solved the problem himself but has left the post open. Assigned points and closed the same

Arun

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

did you check the transport connections and see if they are proper with automatic forwarding ?

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi,

my first step would be to check what the Transport Organizer (se09) within your DEV-System says. It shows up the whole way of your specific transport job. For example the status "selection for import" in remote systems.

Take a look at the Transport Logs of your Released Jobs.

I mostly find the cause of a problem right there.

But I guess you already had this idea as well...

Dom