cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Benefits (Participation Overview) Screen change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goodday,

I'm trying to find ways to customize (changing button names, changing field names)the ESS - Benefits (Participation Overview) iView. I've managed to do the same for ESS - myInfo where i changed the screen layout back in the R/3 (4.7) All i did was to get the respective function group/ module and change the screen layout.

Somehow or rather, i could not find the right function group/module for this 'participation overview'. Is it done in the same manner or is there anoother way to do the changes? Could some one please lend a helping hand? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhhh got ya...yeh...that is tricky...you have to figure out which template to change based on which screen of the actual program you are trying to reference.

Look at the backend program and try to find which screen has the button you are wanting to change. The templates are named as:

<program name>_<screen #>

Soooo if the button is on screen 200 of the program SAPMPZ07, you will need to change HTML template SAPMPZ07_200.html. Make sense? The real "fun" is when the screen is actually a subscreen (typical in the ITS services since many use frames).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Thanks a whole heap. Finally, i got it to work. It took me a while to understand how all of it linked together. Kudos!! you've been a great help!!

Regards,

johan

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know what you are saying....maybe I didn't explain it well...you will need to go into your 4.7c R/3 box and make the changes via SE80 and publish them out to your ITS. You do not make the changes via the portal itself (unless you need to change an iView to use your custom "Z" version of the service).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah..i got to that part..however, being a newbie in this sort of work, i constantly find myself lost..in SE80, i open up internet service'zpz07' (Copied version of pz07) and open up the HTML templates. I can see quite a few templates (SAPMPZ07 1000 and many more). Correct me i'f im wrong but i believe that the changes should be made on one of this html templates which will be later published out. My problem right now is i'm not sure which template too check in order to make the changes (renaming the button name)..Thanks

Regards,

Johan

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SE80 to make the changes...then just "publish" them out.

As far as figuring out the "Screen flow". Look at the actual transaction as explained before...along with the actual program name, it will tell you the "Start" screen.

From there, you will kinda have to compare aginst the main program to figure out the flow....look at the PBO/PAI flow.

Have fun, Sherlock! haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hows it going? thanks for helping me out thus far. Unfortunately, it's really mind boggling for me that is. I'm still stuck at this. I would really appreciate some further advise from you. I'll provide an exact example (hopefully it'll help).

In the portal, under benefits tab, clicking on the 'participation overview' link will point to a 'Benefits- Participation Overview' page. There are a couple of buttons in that page. I would need to rename the 'confirmation form' button to something else. How do i go bout doing that? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Regards,

-dazed and confused-

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You did not say if you were using the new WebDynpro service (another animal all together), so I will assume we are talking about the ITS Benefits Overview service....It's not quit the same as the good ol' ESS list-to-view services (like addresses, banks,ets) used in Personal Admin services.

In SE80, You need to look at the internet service's service file (double-click on the top node folder to open the service's service file in the content/right area). In there, find the transaction it is actually calling. Double-click on the transaction value (or just go into t-code se93 and enter the transaction code). This will show you the actual program used.

Soooo you have some options...

(1) make your screen layout changes in the program? Make a "Z" version of the program, make a "Z" t-code to call it with and change the ESS service to call your "Z" program. (I personally don't like this way...too much unnecessary work)

(2) Make a "Z" version of the internet service and make your changes there....hide buttons, change field lables, etc...Your "Z" ITS service will still call the same standard t-code on the backend...you are just putting lipstick on the pig. hahaha

You said "iView"...so I will assume you are accessing this in the portal and not some other way (Workplace, standalone ESS, etc), so....Past that, you will just change your iView parameter to call your "Z" service instead of the standard one...pretty simple. I like choice #2 usually because I am usually going to end up customizing the standard services anyways to "pretty up" the pages...let's face it....they are all pretty plain. Also, it still uses the standard program behind the scenes, so I don't worry over code changes and such. Only when I need to ADD fields and/or logic will I touch the backend programs.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, figured out that it's not the same with the typical Personal Admin services. I'll go with option number 2 then. I've copied PZ07 and named it ZPZ07. My next question is, how do i go about making hte changes in the screen? Where should i go and how do i determine the initial 'participation overview' page that is displayed in the portal? Do i need to use SAP@WEBSTUDIO to make the changes? Thanks in advance

Regards,

Johan