cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Navigation in NEW window Problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem that I am facing has to do with the WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute().

What I am trying to do is from my 1st Web Dynpro application, running in an iView, I want to navigate to a 2nd Web Dynpro application, running in a separate iView, but most importantly in a NEW window.

In order to do this I tried setting the WDPortalNavigationMode to SHOW_EXTERNAL & SHOW_EXTERNAL_PORTAL in turns ...

<< WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute( navigationUrl , WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL , "width=500,height=300,location", (String) null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.ALLOW_DUPLICATIONS, (String) null, (String) null, "AppointmentID=123" ); >>

The 2nd Application starts successfully with all passed params caught without a hitch.

The Problem that arises, however, is that in the meanwhile, the iView with the 1st application stops responding and shows a Loading icon, and also with Javascript errors on page.

The window didn't look modal, as closing the 2nd application did not change the status of the 1st applications iView. Leaving me stuck

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ashish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether you have resolved the problem, but I think you can try the following;

1. change the windows feature string to "width=500,height=300,location=1". Your codes did not give a value to location.

2. use "WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS" since you are opening a new window, history is not your interest.

I got no problem with my navigation, but the second window is always shown behind the portal page. It does not get the window focus.

Do you know how to focus on the second (new) window?

Regards,

Hart