cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO RUN ABAP SERVER PROXY IN BACKGROUND?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a ABAP Server Proxy running in WAS 6.20. This Server Proxy runs as a foreground Process when the scenario is executed. if we run a scenario with huge load or run scenarios with continuous load, due to the fact that the server proxy runs as a foreground process, the system slows down and has some performance issues. How to handle this issue.Is there a way to run the Server Proxy as a background Job. Please do help me out.

Regards,

Sundararamaprasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

Why dont you call this proxy inside a ABAP report program which will fetch the relevant data and pass it on to the proxy. Once that is done then you can schedule that report program in the background.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

This is a Server Proxy. This Proxy class is called by XI. what you are mentioning is about Client Proxy. What I'm asking for is about Server Proxy.

Regards,

Sundar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK and Sundar,

How about this problem ?

I am now facing to the same problem...

Regards,

Hiroshi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sundar....

server proxy executed in foreground. can u detail on what u see on the screen when a scenario is executed?

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find any solutions to this question? If yes, please share.

Thanks,

Madan Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

here's an idea: encapsulate your proxy call inside an object which can be ran in background.... like an IDoc !

Steps:

create a zidoc in ECC and use it from PI to ECC to send data (instead of your direct abap proxy call).

Afer that, in z_function_module which is used to intregate your zidoc, call your abap proxy.

in WE20 (partner profile), the process mode of your idoc should be of course "Triggered by background program", and then use a job on program RBDAPP01 (with a variant limited to your zidoc) to process your idocs.

Note:

1. the only interest to do that compare to create a real IDoc interface is just (in my mind) to call a common proxy or to want to reuse an existing proxy without too more effort.

2. of course your current proxy call should be asynchronous.

I never tested it, so it's without warranty !

Regards.

Mickael