cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA for Java only systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm searching for a guide to set up EWAs for Java only instances. Currently I have my Java instances in SMSY as system components, but how do I set up the EWAs as only ABAP instances are selectable. I'm using the latest SP, so this functionality should be available finally. I can't find a document about that anywhere, just some very bad documented snippets in SPRO...

Regards,

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may already be aware, but there is now a guide attached to

976054 Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components

which provides instructions for this.

regards

Tony

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

EWA for Java systems is currently in a pilot phase. It will be released with the note 976054, which is currently still being processed internally.

Note 976054 contains a setup instruction for EWA for non-ABAP-components.

Technically, for pure Java systems the "Central SDCCN" of the Solution Manager is used as indeed pure Java systems do not have a SDCCN.

Double stack installations do not make use of the Central SDCCN, using their local SDCCN to obtain the non-ABAP data that is collected by the Diagnostics part of the Solution Manager.

The note will be released in the very near future.

Best regards,

Walter Heibey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

thanks for the information. I thought I heard that this should already be available...but I don't remember where I read it. Do you know when or with which support package this functionality will be available?

Regards,

Pascal

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought you needed the SDCCN transaction on the satellite system to setup EarlyWatch. That would lead me to believe that EarlyWatch is not available for a JAVA-only system.

Now you can setup monitoring using the SAPCCMSR agent with the -j2ee option. Once you have that monitoring data in the Solution Manager CEN system, you can setup Service Level Reporting using that data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

As of SM 4.0 SP5 the EWAs for java only systems should be available. I just can't find any information on how to configure it. Look at this thread:

So for double stack systems it seems not so complicated.

Regards,

Pascal