Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : Access not possible using "null" objects reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

i am working with a zbapi.

i called a external email program in this bapi,everything is working fine over here.

In webdynpro java they mapped my bapi and starting working from there.

every functionality is working fine but regarding this email stuff it is showing an error as access not possible using null objects reference.

where could be the possible error.

is it in webdynpro or in abap side.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply raj.

Everything is working fine raj apart from this email stuff.

In bapi this email program is working.

Problem is coming only whne it is running from WD java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

You are right. When it comes from the WD Java, may be you are not passing any value at all. You can trace it by these ways.

1. Check it using SE37, make sure everyhting is fine.

2. Print all the values that you are passing to the RFC in the execute RFC method().

3. using ST05 transaction in R/3, enable RFC and SQL trace, check what is passing in between web dynpro and R/3.

Moreover paste your error message here.

Thanks,

Raj.

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

When the web developer runs the application, he will get a nullpointerexception. I presume thats what is happening here. This occurs when methods are called for a non-instantiated object in Java. You can get details about which line number this error is occuring if you/web developer clicks on the 'Show details' button when the system brings up the error screen.

Then change the java code to check for null values before executing the method. That should resolve this error.

Regards,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Should be on web dynpro side, as it might not passing anything.

/Raj.