Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCSCLIENT archive not available for V5R4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For WebAS Java standalone Node.

According to SAP Note Note 860538 - Configuring UME against central ABAP system I need to install SCSCLIENT<bit>UC_*.SAR for my OS We have iSeries V5R4 server and in service market place I couldnt find the file. Is there any other place for downolad.

Pleas advice.

Regards,

Milan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

finally I saw that you already openend an SAP problem ticket which has reached our SAP on system i installation eventually. So this is in good hands right now

However still my suggestion is: Stop your installation, follow SAP note 760162 and apply the newest J2EEKRN patch that you'll get from SAP Marketplace under Java patches for NW04, platform dependend area. Be sure you don't change the name of the Kernel library (load the new stuff into the existing library) and do an APYJ2EELIB with the new kernel as well. If the problem still exists after you resume the installation, then there's definitely an issue which has to be solved over the SAP ticket.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Yes I have raised the message in OSS..:)

As you mentioned apply the patch to the existing kernel. I am not sure if I have got it correct but my installation is in very basic stage when one configures UME. The patch is not yet installed in the system. I have used the latest J2EEKRN.SAR file in the path for the kernel install step but the Kernel install is not yet started.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

I looked at the failing installation step a bit more closely and found out that it is not the kernel library where the jlaunch is run from. Actually, for your failing call, JLAUNCH is extracted to some temporary library and run from there. When I got it correctly it is SITMP2 in your case.

So, another workaround idea I have:

Download J2EERTOS15 from SAP SMP. This contains the last version of J2EELIB.SAR (afterwards it was abolished). This J2EELIB.SAR contains some ILE objects which you should restore to that SITMP2 library. See if that helps.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Frankly I am not good at AS400 OS level so what I ma trying currently is to extract the J2EERTOS15 using SAPCAR and put in the install folder from where the sapinst takes files for Kernel install. Do you think that will work. IF not I would appreciate if you have some refrence of instructiono from where I can follow exactly for my scenario. I am not good at AS400 commands. I saw the SAP note you mentioned but I am not able to follow it as we have other systems working on single host will not be able to take risk of executing commands unless I know whats happening.

If you can give me direct instruction I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

as you have opened an OSS ticket, please follow up with that. Anyway, I am in contact with my colleagues who are handling this...

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christph,

I applied the update currectly as asked by you and Luis attached the log file with OSS it looks it is missing JLUNCH object type *DTAARA in TMKSVR.LIB as I have checked on OS.

Hopefully today will be able to give connection. I am working on India time zone. What time zone are you from?

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

we don't have an SCSCLIENT archive for SAP release 6.40 on iSeries. Everything is contained in either the Kernel (with SAPJ2EE patch) for ABAP + Java Addin systems or in J2EEKRN for Java standalone systems.

So, please check SAP note 760162 how you can update your binaries...

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for reply but sounds strange SAP Note 977906 says that the file SCSCLIENT64UC.SAR is available with J2EERTOS*.SAR"WebAS 6.40 patch.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

But couldnt find there too....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

To explain the exact scenario.

We are installing WEBAS 6.40 SR1 Java standalone component and want to have UME as already installed WEBAS 6.40 SR1 ABAP.

While installation, during stage trying to connect ABAP UME we get error 'Error when trying to check the user input.' looking at log file

we get following error in log file.

Critical Error

Can't read program properties

-> Internal program error (rc=-1)

usage : ./jlaunch [-options] <arg0> <arg1> ... <argn>

launch the specified java program

This lead us to SAP Note 860538 - Configuring UME against central ABAP system, which can resolve the issue.

Problem is that we have IBM iSeries V5R4 version for which tere are no files present according to the link in a note.

I also tried to use the latest kernel sar file to include in the install process but still it gives the same error.

Do I need to load the Kernel in the library before I start installation? Please advice.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

I didn't read the forum during the last few days...

However, at first, speaking about SCSCLIENT: We don't have that on iSeries, that's how it is. When you install a standalone 6.40 system, you can only load a new J2EEKRN. SAP Note 760162 describes how to do it.

However, the installation problem you are describing sounds to me as if it would be useful to open an SAP problem ticket...

Best regards,

Christoph