cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role of Quality Management udring NPDI Stage for Automotive industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how the quality requirements for automotive industry, during NPD stage can be addressed by mySAP PLM-Quality Management?

Best Regards

Guruprasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Gurupasad,

the exit QPL10001 allows you to modify the content of thje QALS during the inspection lot creation, thus you can change the content of the following fields, to achieve your goal.

KZSKIPLOT, DYN, HPZ, KZDYNERF, DYNHEAD, STPRVER

PLNTY, PLNNR, PPLVERW, PLNAL, ZAEHL, ZKRIZ, STAT15, SLWBEZ, STAT13, PPKZTLZU, ZAEHL1, PRBNAVERF, PRBNAVV, STAT12, SELMATNR, SELREVLV, SELWERK, SELLIFNR, STAT17, SELHERST, SELKUNNR, SELPPLVERW, GUELTIGAB

Please maintain a correct selection and combination to the correspondent fields.

Regards,

Isabelle

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I think in the APQP that is used for NPR in automotive industry we have a prototype(it depends if the supplier is design responsible or not) and then we have sample that is sent to OEM for initial approval and then we have an initial run to get cpk and cp.

If you have cpk you can create a material number for the prototype and if you can use prototype inspection.

Next stage you have created the BOM and routing needed . The number of the lot is not much(less than 30) so you dont need to put in-process inspection plan. But you must have a through inspection before sending product to the customer .you can use inspection type 10or 11.You must create inspection plan with many charcteristics.For the dimensional characteristics you can use one characteristic and change the text and Upper and lower limits.For the test you must create charcteristics and for the attributive characteristics you can use catalogs .

Last stage is test run with the size of more than 150. Here you must change the routs and add inspection characteristics for SPC and in-process control.You can get the cpk and calculate UCL and LCL from this datas. also you can use inspection type 10 for inspection for delivery to customer.

Best regards,

Shahin

0 Kudos

Hello Guruprasad,

From the QM side->

You would need a setting in the material master without material specifications or routing -> This would create a simple inspection lot which can be confirmed (UD) via the QA11 transaction.

Otherwise if you only want to use a certain inspection plan to start with I would ecommend looking at the exit QPL10001 in which you could assign a simple inspection plan or a routing with inspection characteristics.

The results can then be entered in the QE01 or QE51N transactions.

I hope that this information is usefull.

Regards Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Isabelle,

Greetings! and thanks for the reply.

Can you please elaborate more on exit - QPL10001. I am not clear where the Inspection plan will be maintained and with what usage? How the inspection lot will get generated? is it need to trigger manually?

I will just explain the scenario in short- During <b>New Product development</b>, OEM can get the parts in 2 ways, one is from Supplier and another in-house production.

<b>In case of supplier parts</b> it comes as a sample part till finalisation of drawing and other aspects. At all stages during development, suppler part quality is throughly verified - dimenstionally, metallurgically, performace, endurance etc..

here am facing 2 main difficulties

1.Too many number of characteristics.

2.How the results recorded can be identified, later when moved to regular production? since the parts will be inspected against inspetion type 01.

Similarly, <b>for MIW (made in works / in-house production)</b> material / part is manufactured without using actual machines initially and hence there is no rate-routing and no inspection characteristics assigned to material.

In the later stage on the process is finalised and rate routing is maintaied.

Here am facing problem as,

1. No rate routing and hence no inspection characteristics initially at NPD.

2.And even if I maintain the inspection characteristics in rate routing, Since Auto industry follows repetetive manufactuing scenario, the Production order type - PP01 etc is not of use.

am trying with manual generation of inspection lot for material version - using MFPR...asking client to maintain the inspection characteristics in rate routing to cater the requirement.

I will really be glad if u could slightly brief - on how/ where to maintain inspection plan and how will the inspection lot will get generated?

Thanks a lot.

take care

Guruprasad..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to understand during development stage,(i.e. when there is no QM master data available for new parts etc), how new parts,tools etc inspection results can be confirmed system?

Is there any scenario available for the same? or help, config doc available?

Pls suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes PLM – QM can very well address the requirement of automotive industry. Please take care about tool room process for automotive and try to map with PM refurbishment cycle and QM integration. Otherwise automotive requirements are not much complex which can not met with PLM – QM.