Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Adapters

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm confused with the adapter concepts. My query is below:

For File to proxy we use adapter type as XI in communcation channel. Though we specify the adapter type as XI it is regarded as adapterless communication. But for the same reason we have IDOC and RFC adapters not titled under adapterless communication.

What counts on the difference between adpaterless and adapter commuincation? If the reply is going to include data transformation is not there and xi content is retained in using xi adapter for adapterless coomunication then using file adpaters i can have the xi content retained provided my input is xml and file content conversion is not used. Does it mean that file adpater is also adapter less communication in this regard?

Kindly clarify.

Regards

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

Any inputs on this post?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try my understanding -

why it is mentioned as adapter less communication is because in Proxies the communication is directly between the local integration engine and the Central intg. engine. Also the message is sent in SOAP over HTTP.

You might have also notiecd that we dont have much parameters for the Xi adapter, except for the destination which u create as HTTP connc. to R3 etc (same as URL option). Also no modules are active in the XI adapter.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i><b> the communication is directly between the local integration engine and the Central intg. engine.</b></i>

Is it XI server and SAP WEBAS. Then what about IDoc or RFC? IDoc being a std of SAP alone it is termed as adatper communication.

Also can you brief on <b><i>Also the message is sent in SOAP over HTTP.</i></b>

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>the communication is directly between the local integration engine and the Central intg. engine.

Is it XI server and SAP WEBAS. Then what about IDoc or RFC? IDoc being a std of SAP alone it is termed as adatper communication.</i>

>>>>

it is the commun. between the WAS of the R3 and XI ... the central integ. engine (IS is on WAS)

Also can you brief on Also the message is sent in SOAP over HTTP.

>>>

SOAP message sent via HTTP protocol.