cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change descriptions of links on the shopping cart page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know how is it possible to change the descriptions of the links that are available on the standard shopping cart screens to a different description.

What I'm referring are the basic links that appear on the page that is displayed after you click 'Shop'.

I heard that this can be achieved through configurations.

Can anyone please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Sirish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can use the BADI "BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI" to remove the links.

To change the description of the links you will have to change the corresponding template of the service BBPSC01.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been told that this is possible with config changes i.e without any code changes.

What i'm referring to is the different links using which we can start our shopping, on the initial shopping cart screen. i.e like from previous orders, or new cart etc

regards,

S.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which links do you want to change?Please specify the exact text.

The above solution is for the links "INTERNAL GOODS/SERVICES","OLD PURCHASE ORDERS/TEMPLATES" etc..

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, its same as what you are referring to. Previously in the system these messages are changed. But I don't find any code changes in the ITS template.

These labels are modified using configuration is what i've been told.

is anyone aware as how we can change some stand labels in the SRM screen?

regards,

S.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also checked the text associated in the element list of the associated dynpro. I see the text changes visible over ther as well. But when i look at version management for change history, i don't find any code changes.

So I strongly believe these changes of texts are possible using some configuration.

Please let me know if someone has the solution.

Regards,

S.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every text for template screen are alocated in files *.htrc on AGate server.

For example: Shoping cart for transaction bbpsc01 have template bbpsc01 and 99 as a default theme. In this catalog You have files bbpsc01_en.htrc, bbpsc01_de.htrc etc.

You can find this file on AGate server or in transaction SE80 -> Internet Service (eg. BBPSC01) -> and double click on Theme 99 catalog.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S.K.,

Changes of field label is a long time topic in SRM.

Text elements are handled in many different ways in SRM:

- some are stored in ITS service file .HTRC, and called in HTML templates with syntax #<TEXT_NAME>. This is less and less used in templates

- some are defined directly in the ABAP dynpro, and called in HTML templates with syntax `GS_ITEM_BLABLA.label`. This is the majority of text elements

- some are defined as text elements in the program (with text ID: ex TXT-001 ) and passed to ITS templates via FIELD-SET instruction.

For the first case, you need to modify HTRC file, connected in the wanted language.

For the other cases, you can use standard SAP translation transaction SE63, or in SE80, via the menu --> translation. This is not ABAP coding, only translation tasks. But then you need to run a program to collect translation tasks into a transport order (of type Client Copy, and not Workbench or Customizing).

For your links on the SC page, the labels are retrieved from the dynpro buttons.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcin/Christophe,

I've checked the changes, found that these labels are found with changes at the dynpro element texts. I found this are already changed for description. But when I try to change those text elements again, it is asking for access key. But at this client site, they don't allow code mod. but still the guy who worked before is able to achieve this. There is no trace of any modification to this object when I go thru the version management.

can you please help as how this can be achieved?

Regards,

S.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, read again my answer:

"you can use standard SAP translation transaction SE63, or in SE80, via the menu --> translation. This is not ABAP coding, only translation tasks. But then you need to run a program to collect translation tasks into a transport order (of type Client Copy, and not Workbench or Customizing)."

That means you have to "translate" the text element, and not to "change" it, otherwise this is a modification of a standard SAP object and a modification key is required.

So navigate to your dynpro in SE80, program SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS, and goto menu --> translation. Here you can translate of text elements of the dynpro.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Now i got it and it works. I've awarded you the points

Thanks for the solutions

regards,

S.K

Answers (0)