cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

append two message into one message in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have to receive two different outbound message interface in fork step. as soon as two message received

i have to append those message to one message as below;

A message

-

1001 AAAA BBBB CCCCC

1002 DDDD BBBB DDDDD

B message

-

1003 CCCC 1321 12213

1004 DAFD DDDD DDDDD

1005 EDDD DDDD DDDDD

target message for C

-

1001 AAAA BBBB CCCCC

1002 DDDD BBBB DDDDD

1003 CCCC 1321 12213

1004 DAFD DDDD DDDDD

1005 EDDD DDDD DDDDD

and then i have to send C

is it possible on BPM? i think not mapping issue and correlation.

how can i append two abstract message to one abstract message?

thanks

venjamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can merge these 2 messages using Transformation Step.. i,e using N:1 Mapping.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

To change the message , you need to use Transformation Step

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds like that should be solved in mapping.

how about append in container operaion?

thanks

venjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can very well use the container operation with append and solve this.

Regards,

Sudheer.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Container Operation , you can append one message into Multiline Message Container. But you can not modify it .. So output will be multiline messages in this case

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/59/e1283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, sudheer!!

is it possible with container operation?

please guide me.....

i put two receive step on fork step in block, do i have to crate correlation on receive step? becasue of mandatory and i think concept of correlation does not match in case of this.

one more issue is mapping. do i have to use multimapping n : 1 for transformation step, if so, it does not make sense, if we perform interface mapping which appended from two multi-row message to one multi-row message as my first article, we only need to use transformation in BPM, pleaes look at two source message which are mult-row.

do i have to design for source and target which are not multi-row in order to use transformation and container operation?

i am not clear that interface mapping is for n:1

thanks

venjamin

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TO look into N:1 Mapping, you can refer BPMPattern available in the SAP BASIS SWCV.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Because in this case, you are going to receive 2 separate messages in BPM. So your Transformation Step should bundle these messages into one message.

For Correlation, if you don;t have unique field in 2 messages, then you can plan for dummy field and continue.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First append the messages with container operation.I think in your case you dont need a correlation. For that purpose you can use a dummy corrrelation.Then transform the collected mesages in to target message. I didn't understand your problem of interface mapping.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

BpmPatternCollectMessageToBeCollected in basis in ir is not multi-row, this message type structure is just for individual message..

in my case, source message type can be received multi record in row in once.

so, what i want to say is interface mapping regarding

appending two abs message into one inbound message for transformation.

if it is possible, we may not need to container operation step because we already have bundled message in target abstract message. we can just send target abstract message.

if it is not possible, how do you map to use in transformation step? and configure container operation?

container operation should be appened from one structure message into one multi message.

does it make sense?

thanks

venjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In message mapping change the number of occurences of your input messages and transfrom it to your output message.

message A, message B -

> output message.

In BPM you use append step just to append all the occurences of the input messages and bundle them to one message. Now here you use transformation you did.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for continue effort.

i know changing the number of occurence of input message, but when do i have to use, i do not know.

anyway,

do i have to create message mapping as n:1? or create each message mapping as A -> Target and B -> Target?

and just create one interface mapping for transformation step?

two receive step in fork and then transformation step out of fork and then container operation and then send step ?

i am not still clear on mapping. if two multi source(abs) append into one multi target(inbound) in using xslt or java mapping, we do not need to use container operation. just i am not clear on this

if you do not mind, can you send email your configuration document captured?

thanks

venjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create two message mappings, You can accomplish your task with single message mapping. That is what i was trying to explain you. Go to messages tab where you change the occurences. There in the source messages add both source messages by clicking the + sign.In the target messages you will be having your target message. Again when you go to messages tab you will see a messages element inserted by XI similar to when we change the number of occurences. Now you finish your mapping. In the interface mapping also select two interfaces on the source side and select target interface on the target side. Now if you check for mapping it will display the mapping you created above.

Hope i am clear.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i already knew regarding your mention.

if source message is not 0..unbound, you are right

but if 0..unbound is. in mapping, just we will have target messsage contained data merged we wanted in transformation step, so we can just send it without container operaition step for appending.

i was going to use another way because i wanted to not use complex mapping, i expected container operation may be helpful for this, but according to your mention, i have to do complex mapping. that's what i am saying.

anyway, thanks very much for your effort and long

response.

if i am wrong, please drop me on right way.

thanks

venjamin

Answers (0)