cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape Fetch Job Fails

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

We have configured our Solution Manager 4.0 system to use System Landscape Directory. In SMSY_SETUP we are trying to schedule the job to pull landscape data from SLD into Solution Manager. The job that SMSY_SETUP creates fails with the message "The SLD server connection is inactive".

We can logon and view data in SLD. Connection Tests for the SAPSLDAPI RFC Destination are successful in SM59.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had a simular problem and we solved it by increasing the server count with Visual Adminitor for program SLDAPI_<SID>.

You do tthis so:

Go to visual admin ->server->services->JCO RFC Provider->SLD_<SID>->server count.

Try this.

Regards,

Mike Geluk

dan_chan1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi. I am having similar problems ( SLD connection inactive in SMSY_SETUP logs but connect test OK with SM59 ) and was wondering if I can get some clarification from you. I know that I need to enter the user id/password in SLDAPICUST and it works if I use a basis admin ID but I want to use the standard SLDAPIUSER ID. Is the "SLDAPIUSER" a user in the SLD or a user in the solutuion manager system ? Also what roles are assigned to this user ? Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

have you configured the settings in transaction SLDAPICUST?

You can also check the settings with transaction SLDCHECK, the first 3 checks should be green.

Regards,

Pascal

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

Pascal,

Yes you were correct that we needed to use transaction SLDAPICUST. Somehow, our password stored in that transaction for the SLDAPIUSER was no longer valid. We also had to go to the Expert Settings of the SMSY_SETUP transaction and blank out the "Namespace in SLD" value.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

good, so it works now?

In the expert settings, I have sld/active as namespace and it works as it should, but I did not configure any user/password there, also the host is empty. I don't really understand why there are two ways of setting up the connection to the SLD, for me only the SLDAPICUST way works and is configured.

Regards,

Pascal

former_member360025
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Steven and Pascal,

regarding Pascals question: In the expert settings the

SLD User and SLD Host should not be used (it is enough to leave 'SLD Host' empty). They exist for historical reasons and will probably be removed in the future.

SLDAPICUST is the right place to configure the connection to the SLD.

Regards, Martin