Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on status bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I'm doing some test about error messages. I have some questions :

1) Is there anyway to put a message on browser status bar instead in a WD view??

2) Is there any UI element with blink behavior. For example, I could put a button (or anything) that blinks whenever there is any errors??

Thanks a lot guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For displaying messages, there is the MessageArea UI element. The status bar of a browser is not the correct way to do this.

Blinking buttons could be achieved using animated gif-files inside LinkToAction or Button elements - but who would like to see them?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin

As I understand, the MessageArea UI permits the positioning where your message(s) should be.

I tried to find a solution for displaying message(s) without scrolling the view entirely. Let me explain.

Let suppose that the MessageArea is at the view end (which is the default). If the are many messages to be diplayed at the same time at the end of the same view, the problem is the user have to scroll down the view to see the messages(most of them do not notice that they have to scroll). What I did is to enclose the MessageArea in a ScrollContainer so that user just scroll inside container. The problem with this solution is the messages do not disappear automatically if you press a button in the same view like normal messages.

Do you have any suggestion??

Thanks a lot guys

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I dont think there is any straight forward solution for your scroll-container message issue. Maybe what you can do is to put the messages in a table which is displayed in an adjacent tab. The first tab shows the fields, and the second tab says 'Messages'. When there is an error in the field input, you give one message at the bottom that says 'There are errors, please see the messages'. Now, the user navigates to the messages tab to see the messages.

Regards,

LM

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph

MessageArea also has such the feature that you can specify a number of messages can be displayed at the same time. The property is 'MaxVisibleMessages'. Set the property to the number of messages you want to see. If the area contains more than 'MaxVisibleMessages' it will draw a scroll container automatically to all other messages.

Maybe it'll be helpful for you.

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

In contrast to this thread, I hv a requirement that,

To fetch the SAP Status bar message. In detail my requiremnt is,

When the Goods Movement is created with MB01 transaction, we can get one message in the status bar, saying that <u><i><b>'' Material Document 1234567890 is saved/created'</b></i></u>'.

So, I need this MBLNR material doc. # in my program,

So, How to I fetch this # in Status bar?

Pls. reply to my thread with title '' Fetch the Status bar message''

ThanQ.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can put blinking image in GIF format

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

For message in browser status bar you can set title of the main window you are calling in the application. which will also shown in the status bar.

Ninad

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you can probably toggle images for the blinking functionality..

cheers,