cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Capabilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I need to assert if DMS itself is enough a tool to replace a client's current application which has document and workflow management capabilities.

I would like to know if DMS has workflow capabilities besides document management, or if I need another SAP module to implement the business workflows.

Thanks in advance.

JF.

P.S.: I've already went trough help.sap.com documentation but haven't managed to clarify these questions. I know that exists the ability to create status network but it doesn't seems to be the same as a business workflow such as user A edits requisition and sends to user B aprove.

Message was edited by: Joaquim Fonseca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd say 'no, DMS in itself can't do this'.

You should have a look at SAP EP's Knowledge Management and Collaboration (and UWL).

Or have a look at SAP Records Management.

If you are look ing more for documentation, then you should as well have a look at SAP Knowledge Warehouse.

kind regards,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thxs Carl.

I also thought that was the case.

Regards

JF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

It depends on what you want to do with the DMS?

SAP DMS has generic object for services, which allows for the routing of documents, whether in the ERP system, or externally to MS Exchange for example.

DMS definately uses workflow for document distibution, approvals, reviews, etc., coupled with that, strong status managment capabilities, digital signatures and the like, I would definately say yes yes yes, to all your questions.

Regards,

Freddie Botha

www.documation.co.za

SAP DMS, CAD Integration, Data Archiving, Imaging & Scanning, Workflow

freddieb@documation.co.za

Please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its great !!! can any one give me links of SAP DMS course ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Vijay Hire.