cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS vs Tivoli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone:

I have read some about CCMS(alert framework) of SAP-XI and a little bit about Tivoli, could you tell me which(and why) of these 2 ones is the most suitable(best) option to develop through XI in order to have an automatically monitoring aplication into XI?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If just wanna have al alert framework(not to check the operative system or another performances) CCMS is free(if you have XI) but Tivoli is not.

1.Therefore which are the advantatges of each one?

2.If CCMs is free, there is any doubt, isn´t it?

3.which are the weak points of each one.

Thanks a lot guys

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends upon the Business Scenerio,

In my Current Scenerio Lot of Interfaces are executing simintaniously in different time zones with couple of Servers. Alert Framework will not help you to that extent if you have huge environment, The tivoli will help you a lot, where we can raise the ticket..the Customer also can raise the ticket and it is also triggers automatically . where the tool has built for this purpose, In our Scenerio a huge support team works all priority issues with the help of Tivoli where the errors are monitored and able to track what all happen to the issue.To my knowledge if we have lot of interface are executing siminatously it is better to have a tool seperately to handle it.I shared my experience.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends upon the Business Requirement

1)Tivoli tool help out to trigger when the alert or error occurs... The tool is ment for it with more features..

SAP DB supports the use of the following external backup tools --Tivoli

2)CCMS is available in the SAP XI itself.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

IBM Tivoli is 3rd party to monitor application using SNMP traps.Ideally CCMS should do your monitoring job effectively but if you are looking at a ITIL based helpdesk process for managing your XI infrastructure integrating CCMS to a Tivoli solution can be a good approach.