cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC adapter was down for a while and when the adapter came up, we got a number of XML files with corrupt data. The data from RFC to XI seems to be correct. I think the problem is from XI to File.

Can anybody tell me what the problem might be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the Payload is looking fine in SXMB_MONI..If else check if you have correctly set the Encoding option in the File adapter instance.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i checked it in http://host:port/MessagingSystem

Sent Messages has the correct format. Only the Received Messages is not proper.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In the receiver file adapter you try changing it to <b>Binary</b> instead of <b>Text</b>

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

Will this change really help?? because we have to make the changes in production.

Ravi

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you are facing the problem only in the output file and if it is because of any special umlats or characters like other languages. Yes it will help... If above is your problem you can try with Binary or changing the Encoding type to ISO-8859-1. This is how I fixed some time back.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only at the time of restarting the RFC adapter or XI server it is generating corrupted message. But otherwise its working fine. The problem is when XI is down for a while and when it is up and running it is generating corrupted message.

I can see only the input message from RFC in SXMB_MONI. I am unable see the file adapter payload in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you checked the content here:

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem

regards,

Wojciech

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with the Unicode check box that is available in both Sender communication channel and in the R/3 RFC destination as well. Try playing around that it might help you.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually XI server was down for an hour and later when XI went up we again had a problem with RFC adapter, so it was restarted. After this we had this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

first of all check this messages in adapter monitor

if content of the message from RFC is ok, go and check file adapter. If it's not ok. One more time make rfc adapter small change in RFC communication channel (e.g. description) and activate it one more time.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if message is full in adapter monito. Either in runtime workbench or in http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem.

If there was an error in RFC adapter message won't be passed to pipeline.

Regards,

Wojtek

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out your Meta data

Tcode -IDX2

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It's very strange that corrupted data was due to down of RFC adapter. In my opinion it could be problem with File adapter and file hasn't been fully saved after it it should be saved one more time. Maybe your xi was down for a while.

Regards,

Wojtek