cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service RMA's - 1 repair in multiple plants and/or Sales Orgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fellow SM'rs.

I am wondering if anyone else has implemented Service Management using RMA Orders with Serialization (Equipment Records), where a repair has operations in 1 or > 1 plant and may cross sales orgs.

We are challenged to manage our repairs to have visibility to the repair as 1 repair even though one plant may receive the unit, create the notification & orders, triage, but another plant(s) may need technicain activity, final inspect, or possibly send to a third-part repair vendor.

Currently we use 1 Notification, 1 Repair Order ( delivering to various plants), 1 Service Order (adding operation for new plants).

We have customized our inter-company billings, but have trouble with invoices where the PO was generated in org. As the service order cost receiver is in another org. SAP blocks the invoice cost posting to the service order.

I'm wonder if anyone else has undertook repairs spanning multiple locations such as this?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lloyd,

Welcome back and nice to "see" you in BPX. I wonder if such a posting which deals with RMA's wouldn't be more appropriate under Solutions->SRM. A quick search using RMA as key word does lead me to believe that fellow practioners, might more readily be found there.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

I thought it best to jump in. I still need some work to set BPX up as I was not notified of your reply. I am now just getting back into look at BPX. I'll head over to SRM.

Answers (0)