cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe SVG viewer discontinue support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was looking into Visual Composer and had to install adobe svg viewer to create a new model. So i googled for a download and came to this page:

http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html

Telling me:

Please note that Adobe has announced that it will discontinue support for Adobe SVG Viewer on January 1, 2008.

Why is visual composer using a control that will be discontinued within one year?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

VC is using this control now for 3+ years. This year Adobe announced to end support for SVG control this year. After discussion with SAP the support was extended until 2008, and SAP will find a replacement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does SAP plan to provide a replacement solution based on the NetWeaver 2004s (version 7.00) portal or only in the next major release?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know. But why should SAP provide a replacement? - VC already works fine.

I think the next major release is Ok.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The last 3 minor patches (3.01, 3.02 and 3.03) to SVG were all fixes to potential security risk. The reason SAP should provide a replacement is because Adobe will stop supporting it Jan 1, 2008.

Since our company have not yet rolled out VC with SVG, I am not sure we want to take the risk of installing a component on all our users desktop that seems vulnerable and unsupported.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

In answer to your question, SAP will provide a solution so that Visual Composer for NetWeaver 2004s (version 7.00) will no longer require the Adobe SVG viewer.

Regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff.