cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Forms: Error with NW Dev. Studio PL 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to test the Adobe interactive forms with SAP Web AS 6.40. I installed NW Developer Studio PL 10 yesterday and tried to include a PDF into the Welcome Web Dynpro.

When I try to edit the Adobe Form via the context menu in the hierarchy browser I get an error: "Unable to create part: InteractiveForm1".

I installed PL3 for the Adobe Designer.

Does anybody know whether this could be an error due to a release level or whether I did an error when installing the NW developer studio?

I also installed the Adobe Designer with the ABAP SAPGUI 6.40. Is it possible that there exist some conflicts when using Adobe with ABAP and J2EE?

Or did I do anything wrong with the WebDynpro config?

Many thanks for any hint!

Best regards,

Birgit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Birgit,

You need to check a couple of things. Following are the requirement on the machine that you have installed NDS.

1. Install Adobe Reader 6.0.2

2. Install the Adobe Components Framework

3. Modify you Browsers ActiveX security settings to the following.

For Internet Explorer 6 or later:

Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security. Click on the button Custom Level and mark Enabled for the following items:

• Download signed ActiveX controls

• Download unsigned ActiveX controls

• Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe

• Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins

• Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting

I am assuming that you had the adobe designer option checked when you installed NDS.

Regards

Abdul

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Birgit,

hopefully, following Abdul's recommendation got it working.

If not you may want to try this:

1. Uninstall both Designers using the Dev Studio and SAP GUI installers.

2. Install the Designer for SAP GUI (even if you want to work with Web Dynpro in the Dev Studio).

3. Apply the Designer patch.

In our preparations for TechEd we ran into similar issues and traced them to the double installations of the Designer for both environments. Proceeding as above, you'll have the latest Designer version that's out there. If you prefer to use the Dev Studio installation, you'll have a slightly older version. Note that the Designer patch can only be applied to the SAP GUI Designer installation.

Hope this helps, too.

Markus

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul and Markus,

thanks for your answers. What is the Adobe component framework? I didn't find such an application at Adobe's Web pages. The Internet browser settings did not change anything and yes, I installed the Adobe Lifecycle designer.

This was my installation order:

1. NW Studio PL9 installed (with or without adobe... don't know)

2. De-install of WAS 6.20

3. Install of WAS6.40 PL5 Version 6402.2.5.988 Build 707449 WITH Adobe designer

==> Now Test in NW studio: Adobe started in NW studio as expected BUT: I could not resize any element in the screen so it was unusable.

4. Installation of PL3 for Adobe

==> Still the same effect.

5. Complete de-installation of NW Dev studio PL9

6. Install of NW studio PL10 with Adobe.

==> Starting Adobe from NW dev studio via the context menu edit in the outline did no more work and this is still true.

Now I can start the Adobe designer from NetWeaver developer studio from the Navigator view of the Web Dynpro perspective under src/configuration/Components/package/ResultView_InteractiveForm1.xdp but this seams not to be linked to the Web dynpro.

I'm currently trying to create a Web Dynpro from scratch to see whether I missed any link to the Web dynpro context but it looks to me as if this was a real NW Dev. Studio problem ... ??? at least as I do not get a supportive error message.

Any further hints still welcome!

Best regards,

Birgit

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more comment: the actual PL of Adobe designer is 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

I have exactly the same problem. It seems that after upgrading to NW Developer Studio 2.0.11 I am getting the error message: "Unable to create part: InteractiveForm1". That is very strange because beforehand I was able to work with Adobe forms without any problems.

Also tried to uninstall and install it again but without any success...

The latest ACF is installed but I am not sure if that will cause any problems anyway. I remember running the designer without having ACF installed in the past.

I am able to start the Adobe designer separately but I need it to open it from the WebDynpro View!

Please let me know if you have any further idea how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Matthias

Note: I am using the Developer Workplace Installation (DWI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I had an OSS call opened for this error and got a solution that worked at least with my solution of the NetWeaver Developer Studio:

The IDEInstaller has not installed the Adobe related files properly. In the directory <plugins>\com.sap.ide.webdynpro.adobetemplatedesigner\lib\.. there exists a file "WDAdobeControl.dll".

This has to be registered.

For that following steps have to be performed:

1. Close the NetWeaver Studio.

2. Open the command prompt.

3. Type : regsvr32 "C:\......<plugins>\com.sap.ide.webdynpro.adobetemplatedesigner\lib\WDAdobeControl.dll".

4. Re-open the Studio.

Best regards,

Birgit

Answers (0)