cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the significance of Message Interface, Function Module and Idoc in outbound/inbound parameters in a action?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

The Message Interface is the highest level representation of XML metadata. It has two important attributes :- Mode (Sync or Async) and Direction (Inbound or Outbound). For Business Process Abstract Interface are used, which has a mode but no direction. Message Interfaces are portType elements in WSDL.

Function modules are ABAP routines that are stored in a central function library. They are not application-specific, and available systemwide. The ABAP Workbench comes with a large number of standard function modules.

IDOC stands for Intermediate Document. It is simply a data container used to exchange information between any two processes that can understand the syntax and semantics of the data.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards.

Praveen

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message Interface : where we declare Outbound, inbound or Abstract.

Function Module : Where the generic tasks is declared and depending upon the requirement we can call the function

IDOC : A data Container.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Message Interface, Function Module and Idoc in outbound/inbound parameters in a action</i>

They are nothing but containers of data to be declared in the 'Action' when you are defining a Integration scenario.

If you are suing Function module or IDoc for communication with SAP then you can use them as the Interface rather then creating your own message Interface.

More here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/68/88a440df800160e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya