cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigerring Outbound XI interfaces in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know about calling an outbound XI interface in ABAP. Can any body share some knowledge about this?

Thanks,

Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

Use an Outbound ABAP Proxy interface. check this link for the steps:-

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Regards.

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the Suggestion. I followed below link to create an asynchronous interface. But i got stucked when it came to testing of the same. I don't know how to get in to the folder where resultant xml file is stored? Is there any other way to test the same?

<a href="/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy:///people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Also if there is any other example available then please send me the link to that so that i could get more understanding of it.

Thanks,

Kulwant

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kulwant,

><i>I don't know how to get in to the folder where resultant xml file is stored</i>?

In your receiver file adapter, you would have given the file directory and file name. just check in this location to see if your file has been created.

Also use transcation SXMB_MONI to monitor and see if your message was successfully processed in XI.

Also, go to XI home page --> Adapter Monitoring --> and see the status of your file adapter.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the information. But i have few more questions:

a. While i m trying to edit EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS method of my class, it says "You Cannot Edit Proxy Objects". Is it the expected behaviour or some thing is wrong at my side.

b. In SXMB_MONI, i can see Sender Message but will there be any response message too? Because i cannot find such message.

Thanks again for your help

Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kulwant,

>>>While i m trying to edit EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS method of my class, it says "You Cannot Edit Proxy Objects". Is it the expected behaviour or some thing is wrong at my side

Yes. It is the expected behaviour. You can not edit a client(outbound) proxy. You need to have a report which will call this method and pass the reqd data.

P.S For server proxy, you can and need to edit the EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS. Here you will write the code to retrive the data and process.

>>>In SXMB_MONI, i can see Sender Message but will there be any response message too? Because i cannot find such message

Since your interface is asynchronous, you will not have a respose msg.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is an excellent eg of client proxy. If you read throught he report you will see your client proxy is called her:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Once the proxy is executed you can check in the SXMB_MONI transaction of both the Business system and XI if its got triggered properly.

Please remember to put commit work in your report once you call the class.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can call or generated ABAP proxy or RFC dunction. Please check this:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Client proxy??? If so ref:/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

Regards,

Jai Shankar.