cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass form data through web service to session bean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to create an insert in a database table using a web dynpros that call my method createEntry i a sessionbean. The sessionbean is ok, it worked with a jsp.

My Problem:

The inputfields of my form are blocked so that i cannot insert the values. This problem only occurs if i bind the inputfields to the attributes of my web service in the view context.

What i already did:

I defined a web service in my EJB Module Project.

I imported this model into my web dynpro.

I bound the elements of the web service into the custom controller.

I bound the elements from the custom controller to my view context.

I did not bind the result of the web service in any way because i do not need it.

Did i miss something i had to do?

Thanks for help or any advices, it is my first time using a web service and i already tried to get along with the CarRental and the Email example.

André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your help, i did not use the flight light example but the hint on the method was very helpful.

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you problem is not a Web Service but the fact that Model Context Elements are not created automatically.

>I bound the elements of the web service into the custom >controller.

You made a binding but here you should <b>create</b> the elemnts itself wich means:

1. Create the instance of the element for you cotext node.

2. Call wdContext.node<You Context Name>.bind(<instance created in previous step>

This step is the same as for RFC Model so if you fill that my explanation is not clear enought go to Adptive RFC Model tutorial (calling BAPI_FLIGHT_GET_LIST) and see the code in wdDoInit() method.

Hope it helps.

Victor