cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup in a Mapping to a ABAP or Java proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

within the documentation of the Mappinglookup API only lookups to RFC,JDBC and SOAP should be supported.

Is it possible to lookup to a proxy ?

Regards,

Gerald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just curious to know in which scenarios we will have the need to go for a proxy look up.

SAP has already provided RFC look up to exchange data between PI and ECC, then what will be the additional requirement that we need to go for proxy look up.

0 Kudos

Hi,

imho ABAP Proxies are the preferred way to communicate with ERP clients, if the interface are designed from scratch. There is lots of discussion about this on SCN...

It's way better in error handling and monitoring than using RFCs...

See this for example:

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Ya I know proxy is far better than RFC in many aspects as far as the interfacing between ECC and PI is concerned.

But I did not understand the requirement to go for proxy look up.

If we want to check if some values exists in ECC during PI mapping or we want to update any table from PI mapping , then we can use RFC look up easily. Why we should go for proxy look up?

0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

it's possible since PI 7.11.

Regards,

Markus

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

Yes, it is not possible to lookup to a proxy.

"The API for mapping lookups supports access using the RFC, JDBC, and SOAP adapters."

Refer this link:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

A Proxy requires a whole XI message including the XI message header. The look up API only provides the creation of the payload of the message.

I hope this provides you a solution.

Regards.

Praveen