Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print out problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

1.can any one tell me how is ITS service page[HTML page] linked with sap

2.how data is retreived from sap when user is creating is Purchase order online

3.my user is creating purchase order online when he clicks print .

output is not has it was in SAP smartform output

i get correct print in SAP .but in online i am not getting same printout

plz help how to correct this

thanks in advance

regards

soorya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. an ITS service calls a backend SAP program via the ITS service file's "~transaction" parameter...or if no service file exist, it will take what is passed in the URL as a service and try to call SAP directly using that as a t-code. In that case, it dynamically creates it pages (the power of ITS).

2. Quite simply....ITS "looks" like a regular GUI client to SAP...it passes data to it just as it would the WinGUI (SAP installed GUI client). ITS, however, takes the date and merges it with templates to creat web pages to send to the webserver and on to the user.

3. This sounds like your real issue....Inside of the WInGUI when printing behaves much differently than going through a browser. There are several known issues depending on your backend version, ITS version, etc. If I were you, I would hunt that info down. Typically, in your example, the smartform is recreated as a PDF and that is then sent to the user's browser to print. Also, the program you are using might be using function calls that are specific to sending output to the WinGUI versus a browser...I have seen that too.