Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from ECS to Classic Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM Gurus,

System: SRM Server 5.5

We had activated Extended Classic and made baseline configuration, and tested some scenario.

We now plan to change to classic scenario. So we removed tick from " Activate Extended Classic Scenario ".

Problem: When am trying to create a LEADING PO in R/3 in Classic Scenario,through Shopping cart for a material for which no stock exist, system is creating LOCAL PO in EBP, and am not able to change the PO in R/3.

Is there any NOTE to be applied to change to classic scenario? as we made configuration for ECS.

Pls guide.

Best Regards,

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Did you already change the "determine backend system by product category " configuration point ?

As if the system is creating a local PO instead of a backend PO, this configuration point is read.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yann,

Backend system is R/3, for that product category.

But still am not able to resolve this.

Do you see any other reason for this ?

Best Regards

Dinesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Did you also manage "Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations, Purch. Orders)?

kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yann,

Yes for "Define Objects in Backend system" for the concerned product category i have made follwing settings -

<b>Int. Proc.</b>

Always External Procurement.

<b>Ext. Proc.</b>

Purchase order if item data complete,otherwise purchase requisition.

Still in classic scenario this is creating LOCAL PO IN EBP.

I have posted OSS message but SAP has not yet given solution.

Kindly advice.

Best Regards,

Dinesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Are you sure you have deactivated the ECS scenario.

Could you checked in BBP_PD that you line tiem does NOT have subtype "EP".

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have gone through the postings made by you, Yann and others.

Let me put forward my observations from what you have posted.

1. Is the P.R / P.O getting created in the back end?

You said you could not edit the P.O in back end.

2. Is the shopping cart going to sourcing cock pit or directly creating a P.O in the front end (EBP)?

If the shopping cart is going to sourcing then you can create a P.O in SRM but you can not edit the same in SRM and can be only editable in the back end R/3.

If this is the case then in SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Sourcing > check whether the " sourcing always carried out" is mentioned under sourcing tab for that product category. In this case the shopping cart always go to sourcing / purchaser's work list.

If you change the setting to " Sourcing never carried out" then the shopping cart will create either a P.R / P.O in the back end based on the completeness of the data.

Please let me know about these settings and incase any clarification is needed.

Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Check the Org plan (attributes) for the document type in R/3 system...Do try to make the Back end PO document(example:ECPO) default.

Normally the change from Extended to classic Scenario, it is better to start from building the client again... This will be a faster and quick way to make the system up again...

Regards,

RK.