cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of R3 to Third party using RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to integrate third party system to R3. This Third party system can accept IDOC. Can anybody plz guide me how to connect this system to R3? Like by using RFC connection or something else. Anf if RFC then what type of connection it should be(TCP/IP or HTTP)?

I am new to this area so detailed explaination will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Atul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

the problem is that your third party system is not registering to sap gateway, infact if you go on SMGW->goto->logged on clients you will not see an entry for third party.

This means that when R3 tryes to send out the IDoc using the RFc destination you selected if finds no receiver to deliver the message, so the error.

Your third party must first be registered on sap gateway then you will be able to send the idoc.

Note that this is a thing that does not require you to do nothing on system. Third party system people should set theyr system to register itself on gateway.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

on R3 you should create an RFC destination of type TCP/IP, let's say 'THIRD_PARTY_RFC', select 'Registered server program' and assign a program ID let's say 'THIRD_PARTY'.

Your third party system then should register itself on sapgateway of R3 (SMGW) with the same program ID 'THIRD_PARTY'. To check that it is logged: SMGW->logged on client->and check if an entry for the program id exists.

In WE21 create a port and assign the RFC destination 'THIRD_PARTY_RFC'.

Then in partner profile assign that port for the idoc you need to send to the third party system.

An that's all!

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for ur reply. I tried the same way u suggested. but i m getting error "Program 'Third_party' not registered." Could u plz help me in this regards.

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

Use this weblog by Michal to check your configurations /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now when you say your third party accepts IDoc, is it another R3 system ? Or does the 3rd party accept a XML file of the IDoc and then internally post it as a Idoc ?

Well, if it is an R3 i guess in SM59 - R3 connection will suffice.

<i>I also found a thread - maybe you could post an entry there and see if the author cud help you in case its is a similar development.</i>