Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control step for exception in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am tring to learn exception in BPM.

i inserted this Send step (Synchronous) in exception branch in block. and then inserted control step in exception branch.

i created Errorsend as abbreviation on exception in block.

and assigned this to system error under exceptions in send step. and then defined on Exception handler,

and now <b>i could not define anything</b> on exception in control step for action as Throw Exception, i am not looking at Throw alert.

i made receiver jdbc error and also mapping error in intentionally. when i see sxmb_moni, i can see jdbc error as normal process like not using exception branch.

i would like to complete exception branch and control step for finishing touches.

thanks

venjamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venjamin,

Inside an Exception handler block, you throwing another exception. So, you need to have defined another Exception handler for this block or a super block and then use this Exception in your throws Exception in the control step.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am still confusing....

B1 for block(define b1error)

inserted exception branch into B1

put send step(sync)and define b1error on exception branch and then defined b1error on exception handler

what should i do for next step?

what is Throw Exception function in control step?

thanks

venjamin

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>B1 for block(define b1error)

inserted exception branch into B1

put send step(sync)and define b1error on exception branch and then defined b1error on exception handler</i>

>>>

next you need a deadline branch (inside the same block) in which you define your Control step with the parameters as Action : throw exception & Exception: <the one you defined>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i put control step into deadline branch and selected b1error on control step and then defined 1 min for deadline branch.

and i made intentional error for testing. what should i check for executing of exception branch and control step in bpm?

i just feel nothing special, it seems to be same when NOT using exception function in BPM

thanks

venjamin

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ref: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/content.htm

>>>

it gives you an idea of when and where you could make use of an exception and what kind of exceptions you can handle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

send step is for synch and jdbc,,,

abaproxy to jdbc (sync)

i made receiver jdbc error intentionaly. can i send back exception log to sender system program or send email to someone?

when have you been using this function in bpm? if i am not right way.

thanks

venjamin

Answers (0)