cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS & Schema Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have 2 questions on a scenario of external parties sending XML messages through HTTPS to XI in asynchrous mode.

1)How to correctly setup HTTPS in XI environment?

2)If some of the XML messages are't constructed correctly, their schemas don't fit what have already been defined in XI, can XI generate a certain message like "<tag1> is wrong. <tag2> only takes integer" these sorts of messages, store the error messages into DB, and also return the error messages to the external parties?

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

><i>2)If some of the XML messages are't constructed correctly, their schemas don't fit what have already been defined in XI, can XI generate a certain message like "<tag1> is wrong. <tag2> only takes integer" these sorts of messages, store the error messages into DB, and also return the error messages to the external parties?</i>

If you are using graphical Mapping and the source XML does not match with the Source Message Schema, then there will be a Runtime exception in XI with a mapping failure.

if you use Java / XSL mapping, then no such validation is done and the source and target out of your mapping are not validated for against the XML schema. But, in the case of java and XSL you will have to construct the target XML by yourself.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

<i>If you are using graphical Mapping and the source XML does not match with the Source Message Schema, then there will be a Runtime exception in XI with a mapping failure.</i>

<i>if you use Java / XSL mapping, then no such validation is done and the source and target out of your mapping are not validated for against the XML schema. But, in the case of java and XSL you will have to construct the target XML by yourself.</i>

So what you are saying here is that, I have to use Java/XSL mapping to do what I want to achieve?

And if it doesn't validate source message to source schema, how can it do the mapping right if the source message is not correct?

Regards,

Steve