Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS - Persistence Outline/Persistence Properties View

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i develop a new EJB 3.0 project, add persistence to it and generate entities i find that Persistence Properties View and Persistence Outline view are populated and i can work as has been described in the documentation.

However when i open the imported the EDM EJB application and open any entity for e.g. Employee or Project these two views dont get populated.

Am i doing something in a different way or is this is default behaviour.

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth!

In order to work with Persistence Properties view and Persistence Outline view (Dali plugin) you have to mark your current project as being an Java Persistence project. The EDM EJB application was developed without using the Dali plugin and thus they are not activated for use with Dali.

If you wish to use Dali with this project you have to open the context menu of the project, choose "Java Persistence" and then "add Java Persistence". After that you will be guided through a wizard that connects your EJB project at design-time with the underlying data source. If you are asked for the database connection, use the preconfigured JP1 connection with the schema SAPDEMO. Furthermore you should uncheck the checkbox for creating a new persistence.xml because there is already one that you probably don't want to override. After finishing the wizard you are ready to use the Dali plugin with your project.

Best Regards,

Robin

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks a lot for the tip. It works the way you have suggested.

Full points to you.

Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Answers (0)